Prerequisites for Samuel Merritt ABSNRegister Today!
- by eastbay Apr 16, '11I am just now starting my prereqs and want to make sure I do everything possible to get accepted into the ASBN program. I graduated from Cal Poly many many years ago with a degree in Business Admin, so I have about 9 or 10 prereqs I need to complete since I took virtually no science classes. I also graduated with a 2.8. Yuck, I know.
I feel like I have a long road ahead, but I know I can do it!
Anyway, my question is....will it look bad if I have to take my classes at multiple campuses? I already have transcripts from DVC, Cuesta, and Cal Poly. The community colleges are so impacted that I have a feeling I may have to jump around from school to school depending on where I can get classes. For those of you that have been accepted to the program, do you think this will cause any problems for me?
Thank you in advance!
- Apr 16, '11 by kimsjcI'm near the end of the ABSN program and was in a similar position as you. I took the prereqs at several different schools and i'm pretty sure that doesn't matter to them. Just make sure that the class will fulfill the requirement, if in doubt, email the course description to them to confirm. As far as your g.p.a., they look at your most recent 60 units grades, so do your best to try to get high grades in the prereqs, and of course try to get a high TEAS score. If you do both of those things, you should have a good chance to be admitted.
- Apr 16, '11 by eastbayThank you for the information! Congrats on almost being done! I hope to be in your shoes in about 2 1/2 years.
- Jan 7 by lmcclainHi everyone,
I just completed my prereqs, and in my science classes I have a G.P.A of 3.7 but my overall G.P.A is only a 3.25. I wanted to go to Samuel Merritt. I was wondering if anyone new how hard it is to get into their school.
- Jan 7 by wicked_nurse002bI'm not familiar with their ABSN acceptance rate but in in their BSN and it was really hard. I had a 3.89 science an a 3.79 overall and scored a 94% on the teas.