Little Company of Mary Torrance 2012 - Page 6Register Today!
- Aug 10, '12 by BlueM00NQuote from californiarnbsnCongrats on landing the interview. I think I did so-so on the interview d/t nervousness. I forgot things I wanted to say. Some pointers:Congrats to all of those who have gotten an interview and an offer! For those of you who did how did your interviews go? I have one this upcoming week for the ICU. Got any good pointers? I'm a little nervous as this will be my first panel interview.
- Show enthusiasm. There are so many candidates being interviewed, so it can get "blah" for the interviewers, so be energetic/enthusiastic. In hindsight, I think I may have come off too serious and didn't show enough enthusiasm.
- Ask questions and take notes. It shows you're interested.
- Send thank you notes/emails.
Khow why you want to work for the organization, why you want to work in ICU, what sets you apart from other candidates, an example about a time that you went above-and-beyond for a patient, and where do you see yourself in 3-5 years.
Hope that helps and good luck!! You will do GREAT!!
- Aug 10, '12 by silvermermaidRNThanks for the update BlueMoon, too bad we have to wait ... I tend to be slightly impatient
- Aug 10, '12 by SimplisticRnxThank you so much for the updates. I've been waiting by my phone all day. This wait is killing me
- Aug 13, '12 by SimplisticRnxAnyone heard anything yet?
- Aug 15, '12 by Bailey.CHi, I am waiting for a phone call after interviewing for the med-surg/tele position. I was told to sit tight until early this week (this was last Fri) and its now Wednesday, so just wondering if anyone has gotten a call one way or another...
- Aug 15, '12 by silvermermaidRNI dont think anyone has heard back from med/surg tele interviews. On the fb new grad forum someone posted that they talked to the recruiter and that he would call people by friday since he would be out on wednesday (today) now that we have heard by last thurs, fri, then this mon tues and most recently this friday...I am beginning to think they dont even know when they will call people But I am waiting...and waiting.....hopefully since we have so many anxious applicants, as soon as someone hears something, we will all know!
- Aug 16, '12 by jennyr2617I got the job for the ED as well
- Aug 16, '12 by californiarnbsnThanks BlueMOON for your advice. It definitely helped calm my nerves for my interview. I think i came pretty well prepared. Now its just a waiting game to see if I got the job.