CSUSB Fall 2012 Hopefuls - Page 3Register Today!
- Jan 23, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixno the character one doesnt have to be from a professor. i remember going to the info session and asking and they said only the academic one is professor. i believe they dont even read them! i bet they just make sure you have two and skim them and then give you the whopping two points they are worth or something!
ugh what a waste, im getting my character one from an employer.
i tried to do it in december but my professor was overloaded with classes (was teaching like 5 classes and 3 labs) and so i just waited. he said its supposed to be done today and ready for me to pick up!
- Jan 23, '12 by SpiffynessOh I see, hopefully you will get them today so you can send in your packet! I got my academic one from a professor but he didn't teach one of the pre-reqs for nursing or a science or whatever. Hope that doesn't matter, and for my character one I had my volunteer leader write it. I'm always so lazy to go to the info sessions Only went to the one at CSULB cause that's where I go. I know you get extra points for going to the CSUSB one right? Its like an hour and 15 min drive from where I am so I was like ehhhhhhhh, it's still winter break time to sleep in more!
- Jan 23, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixHa ha ya I went to one but I'm down the 210. Like 45 mins away. Ya you get extra points for it but according to them its not worth much. I guess they rate the most points in this order:Pre req GPATeas (overall score)Overall GPACounty you live inLetters of rec Attend info sessionso I mean I heard the letters of rec are two points total so I bet the info session is one point But they didnt reveal how they selected their students.
- Jan 24, '12 by hellowelcomeWhen I emailed one of the nursing staff members, he told me that overall GPA doesn't play a factor in the decision making as long as it meets the minimum requirement. I hope it doesn't because my overall GPA isn't very competitive
- Jan 24, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixThey told me that it does. It's like ranked right after teas and pre req GPA. No sweat, my overall Is barely a 3.2
- Ok so i am wondering if they will take high school foreign language. Because at my high school, I took ASL and it was offered only 2 years which made you intermediate in the language. Well after I graduated they added on another year. I hope they take ASL for two years in high school. I mean, what was I going to take for a third year? Beginning Spanish? I hope they accept it. I'm going to ask though just case and BTW they do take previous healthcare experience according to this linkHttp://WWW.CSUSB.edu/majorsdegrees/undergraduate/RN/requirements.aspx
- Oh nevermind, I think that's RN to BSN only. Oh well I will copy my stuff and turn it in anyway
- CSUSB - Majors & Degrees - Nursing B.S
there we go! healthcare experience does count!
i knew they didnt go "straight by points" so that i know they take "other considerations" in case someone with a 4.0 is competing with someone thats a 3.4 or something and that 3.4 has healthcare experience, they will be choosen over.
from what i heard from my friend at work, when she applied to CSUSB, they conducted interviews for those alternates. she said it was her against 2 other people for 1 spot. weird eh? not like CSULBs nursing program
anywho just found the link and would like to share it. i dont know if it specific to a job or volunteer but hopefully it will make up for my non-existent second language status.
who knows? i am turning in my application friday! all of it will be done!
- Jan 25, '12 by SpiffynessI submitted my packet without a volunteer letter. Should I send it in separately or not? Cause they never stated it in the instructions.
- Jan 26, '12 by DarkBluePhoenixHonestly that is the only place I saw it and at the info session they said it doesn't count. Idk. I am sending in my work experience just in case. I dont have a 4.0 overall or even close and if its a deal breaker then ill send it in. I just copy my CNA cert, copy my badge and driver license. That should be plenty of proof. You think they need a letter from HR?For you, since CSUSB isn't your top choice and your teas and GPA are more than enough for immediate entry, I wouldn't worry. But for someone like me, I'm sending my in. It may just tip the balance in my favor if I became an alternate or something.