College of MarinRegister Today!
- by CaliGirl4526 Apr 9Hey Everyone!
I applied to College of Marin's nursing program for Fall '13. Applicants should be notified somewhere between the middle and the end of April. So any minute now! Has anyone else applied here?
- Apr 11 by lmcatI also applied and wondering if I haven't heard yet because I didn't get chosen or because they haven't sent out any letters to anyone. Will we hear via email? Please post if you hear anything! And good luck
- Apr 14 by CaliGirl4526Hi! Yes, they will be notifying us via email, and I'm hoping it's sometime this week. They do have until the end if the month though. Good luck!
- Apr 26 by CaliGirl4526I got accepted!!! TEAS test is on the 9th of May! Super excited!
- Apr 26 by jprevelliCongrats! Do you mind telling me what lottery number you got? Or what the email was? I am 65/157 and it is so frustrating! Grats to you though!
- Apr 27 by lmcatCongrats, CaliGirl4526! What was your number?
JPrevelli - I'm confused because in the letter I received, I also got 65/157! But I was invited to take the TEAS so I don't know what it means. I think they only take 37...
- Apr 27 by lmcatOK, so I decided to do some deep breathing and read my letter completely. Anyone whose number is under 100 is invited to sit for the TEAS test. This doesn't mean you are going to be accepted, unless your number is 36 or under and you have already taken the TEAS. Of course, the lower your number, the better chance you have since you will probably do well on the TEAS and get in.
I'm still confused, though, as to why jprevelli and I received the same number??
The waiting continues... *sigh*
- Apr 27 by jprevelliWait, really? So what does that mean? I'm under the assumption that the lottery numbers 36 and under are basically set and they just need to pass the required ATI TEAS Test %. So how does this work now? -_- So confusing
- Apr 27 by CaliGirl4526Hey You Guys,
I was number 6 out of 157! The impression that I got was that anyone with a number under 100 will be invited to take the TEAS. From there, you have to assume some will not pass, which will weed out a few. Plus, out of the 100, there will be some that won't accept. Also, in addition to the 36 they do accept right away, I think they put another 10 on a wait list until the school's notified if they'll be receiving extra funding. So, it would seem that taking the TEAS is probably not a bad idea. After the TEAS results are processed, they'll let us know where we stand via email by June 1st.
It is very strange that you both received the same number! I would call Ms. Rinaldi if you have more questions. She's pretty helpful.
One last thing, did you guys apply to any other schools?
- Apr 28 by jprevelliMight just be me, but it seems unlikely that out of 36, that the number will go all the way up to 65 -_-. Just my pessimistic side showing. Maybe you have thoughts on that. I also applied to ccsf, csueb, and sfsu. Nothing yet, although CCSF was disappointing as well because I was high up in the 300's. Where else have you applied?
Also just curious--if you would so answer, did your email say that "This letter just servers to inform you" or, really a congratulating entrance email?