City of Hope - New Grad August 2013 - Page 23Register Today!
- Sep 26 by db2xsQuote from cyn2b2Sounds like your cohort is a bit of the guinea pig group! Hope things are ironed out by the time the 7th rolls aroundJust to give all the CIS folks an update, there are 22 of us who started on the 23rd. We were told there will be 58 hired during our interviews, right? Well, I highly doubt that there are that many considering less than half of us already started. B/c we're a rather large group, it has been challenging for them to find a training room big enough to fit us all comfortably. We were told our shifts would be 8-5, M-F, at least through our training period, but so far, we've been leaving a bit earlier than what was supposedly scheduled. As matter of fact, no one even knows if we were even required to log in our hours :/
It's been quite interesting to say the least. Hopefully, things will gel together better for those of you starting in 2 weeks or so.
- Sep 26 by jasmine2008What technology/Medical Record Management is COH changing to?
- Sep 28 by nurse213Cyn2b2, do you know how long the training period is? Have you gotten updates on how your schedule would look like? (are we working on weekends?) It says either business attire or scrubs.. what are we expected to wear for our shift? Are we clocking in and out? Please update us! (:
- Oct 5 by ElleV.RN@faithfulalways I will be seeing you in orientation as I got the position!
- Oct 6 by ADEcstatic@jasmine2008 - They're transitioning from paper to AllScripts/Eclipse Sunrise Suite
@nurse213 - According to the last email, training is 4 weeks long and to wear business casual unless instructed otherwise. A friend of mine who started two weeks ago said that some people wore scrubs during training. They started going on the units on the second Thursday to shadow a nurse and they had to wear a scrub while shadowing.
Looking forward to meeting the 2nd group tomorrow!
- Oct 8 by johnnychang