CHLA New Grad Program March 2013 - Page 33Register Today!
- Feb 14 by newgradstephAwesome! I will definitely encourage them to apply. I wrote down that we need these items: 2 step tb, 2 forms of ID, MMR, RN license, CPR for healthcare provider from American heart association.
- Feb 14 by newgradstephI should track down my tdap and flu vaccine to be safe; however, I didn't note from my conversation with HR that we needed them. Thanks for heads up!
- Feb 14 by heartbOOI actually didn't have a current flu vaccine and they gave me one right then and there! So whatever vaccine you're missing they'll give you it!
- Feb 18 by chantzhey guys! the physical is in the HR office is that correct?
- Feb 18 by dgp214chantz - That' where I'm going to show up.
Anyone who has had their physical/med calc test: how long was the whole process?
- Feb 18 by ekr15Hey all! I posted in here a while ago... I am an RN II and I will be working in the PICU. I moved here from Pennsylvania, and my god, getting my CA RN license was a PAIN. I submitted my application for licensure in November, and still didn't have my license when I moved here in the end of January. Every time I called the BON, their reply was the same: "We are still waiting for your fingerprints to process." Then, a week before I was scheduled to start my job, someone from the BON informed me that they were actually MISSING my fingerprints. So, I had to do a livescan the day I moved to California. Anyway, everything has FINALLY processed and I have my license, but my start date has been pushed back because of all of this. Luckily, HR and the managers in the PICU have been so sweet and understanding through all of this. I am starting work tomorrow! I will be attending the general new hire orientation day March 11th, and also critical care class sometime in March- a bunch of you will probably be there! Is anyone else here in the PICU? I'll have to update you on how my first few shifts go.
- Feb 18 by TC_RNYou first go to Employee Health to fill out paperwork and then you'll have your physical appointment. Employee Health is right across the street from CHLA in the same building as Human Resources, but has a different entrance. I think it's the entrance closer to the stoplight once you cross the street from CHLA. After your physical you'll go to HR to do new hire paperwork and take your dosage exam.
- Feb 18 by heartbOOSo looking forward to meeting you guys at the luncheon!
- Mar 11 by blueorchid981Just wondering for the March cohort that started...how are things going? Could you share some background info (GPA, peds experience, anything else that helped you get the interview/job)? Do you mind sharing the salary range offered for the program? Thanks!!!
- Apr 10 by Star2011Yeah, I'm curious if anyone else applied for the Sept Cohort and if anyone knows when we should hear about interveiws??