CHLA New Grad Program March 2013 - page 29
by starghadeer 83,160 Views | 332 Comments
Hi all, Just wanted to start up another forum for CHLA's Versant New Grad RN Program for the March 2013 cohort. Here's a link to CHLA's page: The online app should only be open for a few more days apply now and GOOD LUCK!... Read More
- 0Nov 30, '12 by ekr15@babyrn88- I'm not sure if my interview was similar to yours as mine was for an RNII position.... but as with any RN interview, know your strengths and weaknesses (and be able to turn your weakness into a strength! For example "I am a new nurse, so I understand that there is a lot that I don't know yet... but I am an avid learner and I always ask questions." Also, be able to explain how you deal with difficult patients/families, how you are an advocate for your patient, where you see yourself in five years, etc. As a new nurse, I would say read over your resume before your interview and be prepared to talk it up! Have a few experiences from your clinicals in mind to share.. and throw around the words "team" and "team work".
- 0Dec 6, '12 by RCS3Hi all! Just wondering if anyone has been offered for CV acute. I had my 2nd interview late last week and I am anxiously waiting to hear back! So nervous! I'd just like to know if there have been calls , or if they are possibly interviewing more candidates this week! I am a California native by the way! Congrats to those who have been offered at the wonderful CHLA! And good luck to those who are currently in the process !
- 0Dec 6, '12 by babyrn88I just found out I'm an alternate for BMT. So... someone else who got hired for BMT, find another job you like even better so I can have this one. This has me wondering about applying in September if that is the route I decide to take... I wonder how I could improve my resume since I was *almost* hired.
- 2Dec 9, '12 by jae_mcQuote from dgp214The Los Feliz Village by CHLA is great. A lot of young professionals. I used to live there and it was only a couple of blocks from Griffith Park (huge park to hike, etc). Franklin Ave has a lot of apartments, as well as Los Feliz Blvd. but anywhere around that area is pretty affordable. I had a one bedroom apartment for $1050 and it was literally a 5 min drive to CHLA (stop lights and all).Hi everyone! I'm new to the discussion board. For the nurse residency I was offered and accepted a position with the CTICU. I will be relocating and was looking housing advice. Anyone know good places to live around CHLA? Thanks!
- 3Dec 12, '12 by newgradstephHi Hilary! I was also accepted into the NICCU also. I am extremely excited and can't wait to meet! I am from Northern California and will be making the move probably late February. I am looking for a place to live, but may live at my parents in Huntington Beach until I feel out the LA area. I mostly want to focus on the NCLEX right now.
Congratulations to everyone accepted! If you weren't, its ok! Stay strong and persistent...if you don't give up and show your passion for nursing I guarantee you will land a dream job!!
- 0Dec 19, '12 by heartbOOHey! Did u guys all get the welcome to the program packet yet? Since it says we can wear scrubs for everything including classroom training, i was wondering if they care about what type of scrubs we wear? Like colors wise? I figured I didn't have much business casual clothes so instead of spending money on that, I'd buy more scrubs because at least I could use them when the program ends!