Bakersfield College Spring 2013 - Page 3Register Today!
- Nov 20, '12 by jojolaHi Jennifer nice to meet you. will be seeing you soon.
- Nov 20, '12 by jojolaThank you just Breathe. I am open any tips you have to share.
- Dec 17, '12 by >JustBreathe<I think the scariest part of first semester is orientation. Don't let them scare you. And do not let the syllabus' scare you, because they are HUGE. Take it day by day. Review Pharm everyday because every exam and quiz are comprehensive. Your instructors are amazing...all three of them. They are incredibly supportive and helpful. Do not be afraid to ask questions. In the skills lab also. If you are unsure of something, ask the ladies in the lab, because that's what they are there for. They can help steer you in the right direction. Asking questions saved my butt on final skills testing. If you haven't gotten the book list from your instructors (usually during orientation) don't order your books. Wait. It will save you time and pain. Last semester everyone went by the BC bookstore list and it was so so so wrong and many of us had to send back books and order this book and that book. Get BIG binders for MedSurg and Fundamentals if you plan on keeping all of your notes with you. Most of your work this semester will be in Fundamentals (I used 3" binders for MedSurg and Funds and a 2" binder for Pharm). You'll also have to keep a clinical notebook with proof of all of your vaccinations, CPR cert, physical, etc. so you'll want a small binder for that (it has to be kept with you aaaaaall the time because you never know when they'll ask you to pull it out, even at clinical, keep it in your car.) Make friends, the first day, because your class is going to be your family. I'm trying to think of anything else that would be helpful....I'm up for taking questions. Vacation is awesome but I'm starting to go through school withdrawls.
And I saw someone was asking about the schedule, all classes are downtown at the Weill. Clinicals are Thurs and Fri from 7am-2:45pm. You will be split up into groups of 10 and go to either Memorial, San Joaquin, or Mercy Southwest. If you live in the Southwest they made an effort to put you at Mercy so you didn't have far to drive in the morning. Because they're awesome like that
- Dec 19, '12 by ccxmHi JustBreathe, I'm already a little stressed (it's just my personality anything new). I'm a little nervous about the self-assessment for ATI. If I buy the ATI CARP, will I have to take it immediately or will I have the option to. You've been very helpful. I'm going to call tomorrow to get all my information anyway, but thanks. I also wanted to know that does nursing program want immunization records or do they want everything in the online portfolio? (I will keep one in hard copy). And about that portfolio, did you scan your records to upload them?
- Dec 19, '12 by >JustBreathe<Quote from ccxmYou want to take the self assessment ASAP. It is nothing to stress over, all it is for is to figure out your learning style. There are no nursing questions on it, only questions about how you handle certain situations daily in life. As soon as you purchase your ATI the assessment might not show up right away, if you message me I can tell you who to contact to get a pass code (LR, if initials are enough ;-))Hi JustBreathe, I'm already a little stressed (it's just my personality anything new). I'm a little nervous about the self-assessment for ATI. If I buy the ATI CARP, will I have to take it immediately or will I have the option to. You've been very helpful. I'm going to call tomorrow to get all my information anyway, but thanks. I also wanted to know that does nursing program want immunization records or do they want everything in the online portfolio? (I will keep one in hard copy). And about that portfolio, did you scan your records to upload them?
For immunizations everything has to be in your online portfolio, but in your clinical notebook you are required to keep a hard copy. Your clinical notebook will go everywhere with you, a copy of everything in your online portfolio should be in your notebook.
I scanned most of my paperwork. They have an app you can use also to take a picture with your phone and upload that way too. I have used both methods successfully.
- Dec 19, '12 by ccxmThank you! I called and she told me about the learning style. I was thinking it was another teas or something. Thank you for letting me know about the app, that sounds really useful!
- Jan 3 by ccxmHi everyone, I was wondering if you were able to take the self-assessment. I'm having trouble just finding it. Thanks.
- Mar 8 by HopetobeceomeRNHi i know this is a old thread but I applied for BC my second time this fall and I was placed on alternative list number
22 what r my chances do u guys know?? How many people drop or stuff. I would really appreciate it if someone could reply to my thread thanks you very much
- Jun 21 by sonia12i am applying for spring 2014 since the dates are changed! the application is due in july! any advice??