Hello...currently attending California State University in a RN to BSN program. I need to interview or obtain responses from nurses who first obtained their Associates in nursing degree and later advances to BSN for a term paper. Unfortunately, at the medical center I currently work at most floor RNs only have obtained their associates degree. During the busy winter months, we do get a lot of traveling nurses who have a BSN degree. Yet, they never experienced the knowledge level of an Associates. Some of the areas I need to address are as follows:
1. Did you view or experience a difference in your knowledge base between the two degress that benefited you in your current position and how?
2. Where did you obtain the BSN degree?
3. Did the BSN advance your career? How so?
4. Was there high role expectations from other staff members?
5. Did the higher degree advance your leadership abilities?
6. What area did you emphasize in?
7. Have you continued with your education to a specialty area or masters program?
8. Do you still work on the floor?
9. What leadership roles have you performed before and after obtaining the degree?
10. Did any of your fellow co-workers show resentment while you advanced your knowledge base? Support?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Palm Desert, CA
Eisenhower Medical Center, Rancho Mirage
3N Telemetry/ER nurse