Has anyone failed nursing and came back again? - page 4
i am going to be starting back up in my nursing program this october 2006. i have been out since december 2005... i am really worried about failing the second time around, so i've been studying all my old notes and reading... Read More
- 0Jun 19, '11 by CaisMomI am a 26 year old single mother of a 10 month old boy. I live with my child father, but he is very unsupportive. Since having my son I have suffered with postpartum depression and it has just gotten worse in the last few months. I was in my last year at BCHS in memphis, Tn and failed my second class which was Psych. I first failed out of Adult/Med Surg 1, but to my HESI grade in that class. It upset me so much because I was pregnant and sick and my son was not moving that day.. I took the test anyways and then went to the hospital ER to find out that I was sick and it was affecting him. It ended up being fine, but I was going to have to make a 98 on my final to pass and I didn't. I had my son on Aug 24, 2010 and was back in school to retake that class 7 days later on Aug 31, 2010... only to find out that the school would allow students to re-take the HESI one time if they made below 77% the first time. I almost feel out of my seat. Even though, I stuck it out and passed the class as well as Adult/Med surg 2. Then I took Psych, which I am very good at, but my childs father really started some drama in my life the night before one of my tests and caused me to fail it. I am not blaming him, but the stress just weighted on me to much. This caused me to fail Psych and now i'm being kicked out of the school. I am horrified as to what to do. I haven't worked in almost 2 years because of school and jobs are scarce in Memphis. I want to go back to nursing school and try again as soon as I can. I have heard of this Excelsior school for nursing, but you have to had completed at least half of your clinicals needed to graduate and i'm like one hour off from this. Someone please help me. I have let myself down, but most of all I feel like I have let my son down. He depends on me and if he father kicked us out right now we would literally be on the streets. He's not going to do that, but I really fear it. does anyone know of any schools that will allow you to transfer even if you failed?? I'll start all over. I don't care, just as long as I can go back ASAP. thanks- Jess
- 0Oct 18, '11 by BB5539I never looked at it that way Brook!! I was half way done and failed nursing school by 2 points and I have to start from the beginning again. I have to look into a different program. I do have a passion to do this because I love that there are so many opportunites out there and I dont want to just settle for NAll that I have. Not sure where to go now though.
- 0Nov 15, '11 by ami078I am in my last semester and I am failing med surg III. Because of the curriculum change I will have to take med surg II in spring and then med surg III in the fall. I feel very depressed and sad. I don't know what to do. My family is great, very supportive, even my kids. But, still... I am ashamed and just thinking that my fellow classmates will graduate soon and I will not, makes me very upset. I am thinking about giving up, but my husband wont even hear that. Please help me, I need some supportive words, some encouragement. God bless
- 0Dec 14, '11 by loisCam86I am also a student with a decent average, who was failed for clinical for all the wrong reasons. I dont even know how the woman still has a job after the crap she put me through. she was mentally abusive, rude, and inconsiderate to your feelings. I am trying to appeal my failed clinical grade to try to atleast go back to school next semester and repeat nursing 3 (2nd year, med surg). i was really hoping on graudating in may, but now, thats not going to happen.
- 0Jul 1, '12 by LuckyShe331i have taken the year to gain my cna, acls, and iv certifications. i held my head up and attended my friends pinning, graduation ceremony and parties. you have to reflect when this happens to you and be peaceful in the knowledge that we do not always understand what is happening in our lives, but it's happening for a reason. perhaps it will not be clear for years to come. i also firmly believe that you must never let "1 person" derail your dream. know in your heart that you are meant to be in this chosen profession. when i took my state board for cna the last state examiner said to me "you are going to be a wonderful nurse" i told her i had a horrendous experience in my mcaiii clinical. she was so kind and said that unfortunately there are a few nurses like this in the profession who make it their goal to crush the spirits of nursing students because it feeds their ego. she said to keep persevering and learn from those golden nurses who do love to teach and who have not forgotten that they too were once a nursing student.
i do feel quite sad that the new batch of students who i have reentered the program with will go innocently into this clinical rotation with this icu clinical instructor to only be chewed up and spit out. i wish i had the power to derail this but i can't. i can only be there for these follow students and pray that they make it through this set of classes. i swear, god willing if i am ever in a position to stop someone like this from hurting another student i will. to all those other students out there, do not give up, dust off your nursing shoes and go back after your dream! study hard, do everything in your power to succeed and know that it is not 1 person's opinion that will determine your future. you have the power to make it happen, you have to keep the faith, believe and take another leap of faith that all will work out in the end. that you will come out the other end that much stronger a nurse because you had to try twice as hard to earn that rn. god bless and know there are others out there going through exactly what you are now. it gets better, you will graduate, and they will call you …. nurse.
- 0Jul 16, '12 by snowybeeI have failed in school in college ten thousand times. First class was my english i have failed 2 times because english is my second language. On the third attempt , i passed. Then i went to four year nursing school, i failed 2 subjects. i am a person who works hard but i didn't knw how to answer the nursing school questions . i retook it again and i failed by 1 point. I was kicked out of nursing school. i was depressed crying then i was going to another state for nursing. i have to travel 4 hrs daily to start nursing in another school. by the time i come home ,i am tired. after a year i finished lpn school but i failed exit exam first time. now i m retaking it again to graduate out of the program. i am young .there are times my mind is depressed out of the world because i know i m going to be a great nurse. after i pass this exam i m on my way to nclex. don't ever take failures into heart. ex. michael jordan failed 300 times, famous scienist einstein was kicked out of school he had reading problems but now he is consdered as the biggest scientist. as a young person myself, i know i have failed in school life alot. but i m never going to quit myself as a nurse. it is my passion.Last edit by sirI on Jul 16, '12 : Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST IN TEXT SPEAK PER TOS