u of a new grad program - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 13 by happylittlenurseHi mb19, I am not able to PM back, due to Allnurses.com needing a certain number of posts before that's enabled. But I interviewed for pedi hem/onc! Did you do the same? (Crossing fingers we would become coworkers!) This is my first interview and its such a dream opportunity. I haven't began looking at places. I don't know anyone from the area at all, which is a bummer. I would do the research on apartments online, then set up appointments so I can sign the lease the same day I visit there to move in! I haven't began thinking far ahead yet... from previous U of A threads on allnurses, I know the pay is about $24/hr. And I'm still considering whether that would be practical for me.... especially with moving costs and those terrible student loans coming in. I am hoping for the best, my peer interview would be this Friday! The hospital and it's reputation is amazing though!
- Jan 13 by MercarbMy 2ct, uofA are not very reliable. I interviewed with them for a pt position and the lady told me its a done deal. 2 days later I checked their website and its changed to not selected. I have been told they do that a lot in Tucson. I would strongly recommend you to apply AZ license ASAP, they are very particular esp with endorsements. I went to school in Mass and I was told by someone they might not endorse mine since its not from a compact state. This is just my opinion and experience. You will love Tucson but its nothing like Mass. Goodluck
- Jan 13 by happylittlenurseThanks for sharing your experience and advice! Im sorry that happened. By "a done deal," does that mean they offered you the position? Did you get this reply for a past cohort, or for the one to begin in Feb?
- Jan 14 by StaragateWaiting by the phone myself for UAUMC. I did my preceptorship there and I loved it.
- Anybody hear anything yet? I'm still "Under Consideration"
- Jan 23 by popmode77Me too... Nothing yet lol... "under consideration"
- My friend who was a tech there just got hired. Hopefully that means they will consider external candidates soon.
- Jan 23 by mb19Do you know what unit she got hired to? Was it for the new grad program?
- It was for the CVICU new grad. I'm going for Neuro/cardio myself.
- Jan 24 by popmode77Hey mb19!
How did your interviews go? Did you end up flying out here or just taking a phone interview?