Starting the evening LPN program at Gateway Jan 2013?
- 0Nov 7, '12 by vdanielsI just got accepted into the evening LPN program at Gateway for the spring semester. I was wondering if anyone else has been accepted, and what your long range plans are? Also if anyone has been through this program, any advice, thoughts, or words of wisdom? Did you work as an LPN during Block 3 & 4? Thanks in advance for your help. Hoping to meet some study buddies!
- 0Nov 8, '12 by AZMOMO2I went through the LPN program at Gateway back in 2009. It's pretty tough, fast paced and really prepares you for NCLEX-PN. Yes I worked full-time through Blocks 3 & 4... just took and passed my Block 4 final today actually.
My biggest piece of advise is to start doing NCLEX questions from Saunders and HESI right now!! Those nursing exams can be killers!
- 0Nov 11, '12 by vdanielsCongratulations!! Have you been working as an LPN during your break? I currently work for Banner in the ICU so I am going to have to make some hard decisions about whether or not to work as an LPN after block 2. My thinking is that it would be worth leaving for the better pay and additional experience as a nurse while in block 3 and 4. Thank you for your advice and good luck with your career!
- 0Nov 19, '12 by miteacherQuote from vdanielsI worked full time 5 days a week during the LPN program and ended up with a B both times, and decent Hesi score so it's definitely possible. I was able to enter block 3 right away after the LPN program ended and started in the fall. I am working full time now during block 3 as well as an LPN so I think it's possible. I think the majority of the people in our class do work full time. The hesi pn book is good, Saunders was what I used the most...I think the hesi book was helpful towards the end. The instructors are great, and i think you will enjoy the program!I just got accepted into the evening LPN program at Gateway for the spring semester. I was wondering if anyone else has been accepted, and what your long range plans are? Also if anyone has been through this program, any advice, thoughts, or words of wisdom? Did you work as an LPN during Block 3 & 4? Thanks in advance for your help. Hoping to meet some study buddies!
- 1Dec 8, '12 by miteacherQuote from AZMOMO2Is the med surg success like the pediatric success book?Miteacher... FYI.... our Block 4 instructor said Saunders is too easy to study for her tests. I found a few test questions from the Mental Heath and Med/Surg Success Series that they used. They also love the SATA!
- 0Jan 19, '13 by Lana777Congratulations. Hi, I live close in Phoenix area and I am foreign educated nurse who is currently studying for NCLEX exam. I will be attending the pharmacology for nurses classes in Phoenix gateway college on Wednesdays from 9 am to 12 not for credit but with the intention to review a pharmacology content so that I am better ready for my Nclex exam. I have lots of Nclex preparation materials that i would like to share. I have Hurst and Kaplan, Meds Publishing, Feauer and Drexel. most of them are DVDs and CDs, I have a hard time studying alone and if I study with someone else, it will be easier for me. If you are interested, please, let me know. If not, may be you know someone else who might be interested. you can leave your contact information with the administrative assistant ------------ at Phoenix Gateway College.My official name is Eter Pollard. Thank you and good luck.Last edit by dianah on Jan 20, '13 : Reason: Terms of Service re: posting names