Should I interview?
- 0Jan 4, '10 by chocolateskyeI need a little advice from some more experienced nurses. My situation is I just graduated from nursing school last Jan. and while I did find employment it wasnt a good fit. I recently applied to a sub acute ltc facility out in the sun city area. I got a call back from the DON she told me that she would call me back for the phone interview that would include other members of her nursing team. She never called. So I called her back and I was told that they dont offer a relocation package and they rarely hire new grad nurses on top of that she let me know what shift they were looking for and that they could only offer me two weeks (6 days of orientation) and if I was still interested to let her know. What do you guys think?
- 814 Views
- 0Jan 5, '10 by HoozdoWhere are you located? Can you drive to the facility and check it out first? I would go on a tour and say you were thinking of placing your grandmother there. Sniff around, ask the residents if they are happy there. Any random resident.
If you are out of state, then I would not take this job. I see you are a LPN - that makes it even tougher. Hospitals don't really hire LPNs in Phoenix, (Maricopa County Hospital is the exception I think.)
That leaves you with home care, nursing homes, or LTACs. I think LTACs pay the best. Try Select Specialty, Kindred, and Promise.
- 0I am a RN. A new grad RN I know where it is and I have been inside of it before. It used to be called hearthstone. I need a job. I have classmates that were hired at select but now they are saying they dont hire new grads they dont have a new grad orientation program iin place? I have lpn experience. Thank you for your suggestions.
- 0Jan 5, '10 by HoozdoWell, if you need a job, you need a job. Interview. There is an LTAC hiring close to their called Trillium. I know people that work there for a second job and they seem to be hiring too.
I know someone at my job that quit ICU just to get regular hours at Trillium. Must not be that bad of a place.
- 0The interview would have been for Trillium. I did respond via email as she requested and I also gave her a call. I will just leave it at that I dont want to become a stalker. I would have loved the opportunity but I think she is more willing to give the position to someone that already lives there in Arizona. Im just gonna keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again for your help.