Pima CC Seat Shuffle
- 0Aug 25, '10 by StaragateOption A: I want to remain in the Nursing program in the semester I was originally selected for (Fall 2011).
Option B: I want to move to the Spring 2011 semester, if a seat is available.
Guess which I picked!
- 0Aug 28, '10 by StaragateSame here! I applied a year ago to the program. I was given a Spr 2012 start date. Last spring I was bumped to Fall 2011, then just this week I got bumped to Spr 2011!!!!! I was told that I would receive orientation info in October. Could you post the requirements after your orientation? I want to get my blood tests and dr. appts done early. Also, it would be helpful to know what they require as far as shoes so I can start shopping!
I got the message 2 days ago that I AM actually starting next semester. I'm so happppeeeeeeee!!!
- 1Sep 4, '10 by R.NICUhey everyone,
I'm in my fourth semester at Pima CC. You will have to have the following to be eligible for clinicals in the spring:
1. a TB skin test, good through the end of the spring semester. (TB test is good for one year)
2. Copy of your shot records proving you've had a TDAP (tetanus diptheria and pertussis), proof of hepatitis shots (or you can opt out of that one), and MMR. maybe a few others.
3. You will need to get a physical done from a physician and the physician has to sign a paper saying you are physically and mentally stable.
4. Fingerprint card
5. Copy of paid fees receipt
6. Pima student ID
7. Proof of health insurance
8. CPR card from the American Heart Association (AHA). there is a really good and quick place you can go to on speedway...they will provide you with the info in class. I believe it's called Eclipse CPR. The instructor is funny, efficient, and quick! And your certification will be good for 2 years.
I think that's about it. After your orientation they will "surprise" you with a HESI exam. It covers A&P, math, and some other subjects. it's all vague now. They will use this exam to help illustrate which subjects you are great in and those in which you have opportunities for improvement.
Congratulations everyone! The two years goes by soooo quick!
- 0Sep 7, '10 by StaragateThank you so much! I just got signed up with the Oct. 1 orientation. Email got mixed up so I ended up with the last seat available! Eek!
On the plus side... I just got my nursing school present from my mom. An Ultrascope! I love it! It's got a beach/palm tree pattern on it.
- 0Sep 14, '10 by R.NICUThat sounds like a cute stehie! Make sure you keep track of it. If you lend it to a doctor or another nurse, keep track of them cuz they will walk away with it. A doc in the ED at clinicals asked for my stethescope and i followed her around for 30 minutes because she was not getting away with mine lol. But anyway, congrats Stargate. My parents got me a stethescope when is started too
- 0Sep 14, '10 by JazzysMamaHey everyone! I've talked to some of you in the past and just wanted to give you a little bit of encouragement as I just started a couple of weeks ago. There are so many horror stories on AN's about "boot camp" style orientations, horrible instructors trying to fail you and whatnot....just wanted to tell you that every single instructor I have met has been AMAZING! They really do care about you AND want you to succeed. They let you know off the bat that Pima is hard, but they will be there with you every step of the way. I went into NS absolutely terrified after reading page after page of bad experiences. Hope this helps to ease your mind! GL and study hard!!!