new grad opportunities
- 1Jan 3, '13 by murse636any new grads looking for Rn work seriously consider BANNER BOSWELL emergency dept this hopsital has some of the highest acuity patients in the nation. you will see medication lists, co morbidities, and disease processess that you will not see anywhere else, until youve been an RN for decades. it is extremely challenging, and is far from easy. if you are up for a challenge and want to become smarter faster then you will other places, consider this hospital.
- 0Jan 3, '13 by medicmatt44Thanks for the info. Great article concerning Banner's Top 100 designation:
Based on comparisons between the study winners and a peer group of similar high-volume hospitals that were not winners, Thomson Reuters found that if all hospitals performed at the level of this year’s winners:
- More than 186,000 additional lives could be saved.
- Approximately 56,000 additional patients could be complication-free.
- More than $4.3 billion could be saved.
- The average patient stay would decrease by nearly half a day.
Thomson Reuters based this analysis on the Medicare patients included in this study. If the same standards were applied to all inpatients, the impact would be even greater.
Banner Boswell named one of 100 Top Hospitals in U.S. by Thomson Reuters
- 0Jan 4, '13 by medicmatt44Thank you so much for this information murse636!
Unfortunately, I still have 3 semesters to complete in my ADN program at The University of New Mexico- just east of you in Albuquerque, NM. I have alot more to learn- which I am really looking forward to
Banner Boswell sounds like the type of hospital that I would love to work at for two reasons. First, I enjoy a fast paced, almost hectic environment where I have to apply and use my critical thinking skills. My employment as a Respiratory Therapist has been at high acuity urban hospital settings, so I am used to the demands of a high acuity facility. Second, while high acuity is nice, what truly makes a difference at the end of the day are positive outcomes for our patients. The statistics clearly demonstrate that Banner is committed to optimal patient health outcomes, while at the same time, providing care within a model of economic efficiency. Best of both worlds!
I would like to keep in touch with you (if that's ok with you) regarding future employment at Banner Boswell. I most certainly would relocate for this type of opportunity. My email address is [email protected] or [email protected]
- 1Jan 5, '13 by SL2014I was at banner Boswell for my med-surg and critical care rotation and I was very impressed. If any ER opening was available for new grads I would absolutely apply. From what I have seen banner accommodates new graduates one at a time per position so you would need to check their website for openings. Boswell is a great hospital and don't let the "old people" demographic scare you, you learn a lot about polypharmacy and about how absolutely fragile the older population can be.