Maricopa Waiting List / Placement / Timestamps 2010+ - page 2
by Maciso | 47,915 Views | 314 Comments
Hey everyone, I wanted to start a place for people to post and repost about waitlist times, placement runs, and their timestamps. It is very hard searching for all the information and maybe people will access this thread and... Read More
- 1Apr 23, '12 by CinDRnycQuote from hurrlybabyIf you have As in everything y don't you try to get into ASU???Stamp: 06/11/2010 08:00:59AM I still hope to get in this fall. I am fed up with this system of placing students. I busted my butt to get only "A" in my pre reqs and co-reqs, and I still on the waiting list for three years. It is not fair that the people from CEP program are waiting only 1.4 some even less years, we have our reasons why we do not go into the program right? I am sick of waiting. All my friends who went in California into a Nursing program or in Chicago, they are already working as RN's and I am still on the waiting list.
- 0Apr 23, '12 by hurrlybabyYou are right, I should have gone there, but now I am so closed to get in that I am scared to try something else. I have a child that needed me until now. But in the fall he will go to Kindergarten, so I will be able to continue my education. I guess everything is for a reason. However I am taking my Cna License right now.
- 0Apr 25, '12 by twash10I saw on a different thread that someone with a 6/2010 timestamp just got placed for the fall so I have slight hope that I may possibly get in for January 2013. I have a 8/2010 timestamp though. I'm just hoping that there are more and more people who are on the waiting list that have gone alternate routes for schooling so that when they get selected their spot opens up. This wait is just getting really frustrating
- 0May 1, '12 by misshinzHi ! This message is for Kevin321!
My timestamp is literally less then a minute after your timestamp! May I ask how you know there are 260 applicants ahead of us?? Is there another forum or website I am missing!? I am SO glad you posted because I thought FOR SURE I would be getting placed for Fall. Thank You! -- Jen
- 0May 2, '12 by Kevin321Hi misshinz, the information I provided came directly from the placement department. So, last semester there were about 260 public placement, so out of the 260 ahead of me some will not be placed in a public slot, and some will defer,and some will be partnerships. My guess is out of 260 applicants ahead of me I would probably come in under 200 because of those factors. I believe that 200 out 260 is conservative, so this probably leaves enough room for you. Good Luck.
- 0May 2, '12 by misshinzWow! Thanks Kevin321!
Okay so i just HAVE to ask..Do you think that there is ANY chance for us this Fall??
I understand that timestamps go down to the seconds of the minutes of course (so i'm sure i'm a ways behind you)...but with our date do you think placement for Fall is out of the questions and placement for Spring 2013 is more likely?
I am trying to stay sharp and teach myself things out of nursing books for when that day comes!! I'm just wondering how realistic my idea should probably be
- 0May 3, '12 by twash10Oh I'm sure you'll get in for spring 2013!! Because it seems the first early seconds of 6.2010 got placed for this fall so I;m sure the rest of 6/10 will get placed for spring. I have an 8/10 stamp and I'm worried and nervous that I won't get placed for spring! This is taking so long and I'm starting to get really impatient!
- 0May 3, '12 by CinDRnycQuote from hurrlybabyi mean you can still try to get in asu as a "backup" plan. i went to a cep info session last week and they said that although they are still keeping the adn program around, more and more spots will be given to cep applicants because they are really encouraging nurses to have bsn degrees. they mentioned something about hospitals and "magnet" status. gl with everything and whichever path you take i hope you can start soon. i know waiting is so hard!!!you are right, i should have gone there, but now i am so closed to get in that i am scared to try something else. i have a child that needed me until now. but in the fall he will go to kindergarten, so i will be able to continue my education. i guess everything is for a reason. however i am taking my cna license right now.