GCC/NAU Concurrent Program - page 7
Hi, everyone I was accepted into the Concurrent Program at GCC in the fall but starts this summer with the NAU class. I was wanting to know if there was anyone else on here who got accepted? :) I hope everyone who wanted in... Read More
- 0Sep 28, '11 by kamsmomA few people I know went to a recent information session said Feb 7th was the deadline. BUT keep in mind, you can only apply if you follow their specific steps. 1- be on the maricopa nursing program waitlist. 2- only those on the waitlist can see and register for information sessions. (They fill up fast) 3-you have to then go to a specific advisement transcript evaluation session so you can apply. It is a competitive process for the concurrent program bases on gpa and hesi a2 scores so it is different than the normal process. I'm in the first group and I am loving it! Good luck!
- 1Sep 29, '11 by BSN-PathYes Kamsmom is right. I did go to the information session and the dead line is in Feb. for Fall 2012 for NAU I do not know when ASU dead line is they will start there pilot CEP program this coming Fall of 2012 and they will have their very first information session at MCC in Oct. so keep an eye open for ASU and you do not need as many classes for it as you would for NAU and Phoenix University and Grand Canyon University also want to start the CEP program SOON so pick the school you like the best and take their classes to get in. Things are changing fast Good Luck to all!!!
- 0Oct 11, '11 by BSN-PathJust a heads up for those of you who do not know that ASU CEP with MCCC will start Fall 2012 at MCC at both of their locations. Go to the info session I think one is on Oct. 20th in Mesa and the other is on Oct. 24th. at Boswell (Sun City) Don't wait there are not many seats left!!!
- 0Oct 11, '11 by BSN-Pathoh my, i just checked again and the asu cep info session for mesa is full it just came out yesterday!!! there are 3 seats still open for the mesa banner boswell (sun city campus) if you can not get into the info session i will do my best to tell you what they told us. i will be going to the one at banner boswell (sun city campus).
- 0Oct 26, '11 by cherryobebeI also would like to know how those in the GCC/NAU CEP are feeling about the course load!
I was SO ecstatic when I found out that there was going to be a CEP with ASU. I immediately signed up for an info session which I attended on Oct. 24th at Boswell. After getting home and mulling over the info, I was pretty disappointed. They shared the tuition costs for NAU and ASU concurrent programs. The NAU program seems to only be about $10K plus Maricopa's $2260, where ASU is almost $40K plus the $2260 and that doesn't cover textbooks!!!! ASU's tuition is calculated at $805/credit hour with a total of 47 credit hours. I was SHOCKED! Needless to say, as much as I wanted to attend this program, there is no way I am willing to pay that for their RN to BSN program, which is exactly what it is.
- 0Oct 26, '11 by BSN-Pathi was just told that the $805 per credit for asu is with fees and nau is right behind that number the session did not have the total amount of nau cost per credit with fees.
they told me to go on to the maricopa community college nursing website and look up the asu cep info it will tell you how to add up the cost and fallow those directions when you are on the asu website. i did just that and it did the calculations for me, which comes out to be closer to $11,500 not $37,000, so what is the cost ???
the one thing they did say to me was “keep in mind that asu or nau cost does not include books.” i think i might just have to go to asu to get answers. the $37,000 just sounds crazy to me. lets keep our fingers crossed and hope it is closer to $11,500, which comes out to be only a few thousand less then nau.
i wish they would just break it all down for us and give us the cost with books and fees!!!
- 0Oct 26, '11 by cherryobebeWhen you say that you were told this information... who are they and was this at an ASU specific CEP info session?
I was told this information at the ASU MCC CEP info session that was held at Boswell on the 24th. There have only been 2 info sessions on the ASU CEP. If you didn't attend one of those, then you didn't get the information. The advisor that presented the information clarified this verbally, as well as it was in the PowerPoint presentation that she showed us. She showed NAU over $300 per credit hour, which puts it over $9000, excluding books, etc. On the same slide, she showed ASU at $805 a credit hour and stated that this also does not include books, but does include program fees. If you go to Maricopa Nursing and to the brochures, you will find that NAU is 30 credits and ASU is 47. That also plays a huge role in the cost.
I hope that the ASU/MCC CEP info session at Boswell was completely wrong and whoever you are getting your information from is right, but I don't have faith in that. Sorry. Good luck with whatever pathway you take!