Brookline College Accelerated Nursing Program - Page 5Register Today!
- Oct 15, '12 by Mem2012Here is another update on Brookline:
We had our first graduating class in August. They have all completed the NCLEX with a 100% pass rate.
The other big news is that we had our site visit from the NLNAC last week. They were very impressed and our recommending Brookline to the committee for accreditation. So that is very good news. We won't know officially till March if we are going to be accredited but that was the hardest part of the process, so everything is looking good.
I hope this information helps if you are interested in the school.
- Dec 3, '12 by Erinicoleb1HELLO! I PLAN ON ATTENDING BROOKLINE STARTING THIS MAY 2013 for the accelerated program. I TOOK THE HESI THIS PAST SATURDAY AND I PASSED. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING MY TRANSCRIPTS SENT AND WORKING ON GETTING A LOAN O_0 ..anyone else plan on beginning at this time???
- Dec 3, '12 by blairnpbErinnicoleb1,
I plan to start the Accelerated January class. Where are you coming from?
- Dec 6, '12 by Erinicoleb1blairnpb,
I live in PHX. how about you??
How do you plan on financing school? I definitely need to get a loan. Hopefully I will get approved as I already have had loans in the past.
- Dec 6, '12 by FutureNurseLCWI was thinking about this school but it's not fully accredited still. Anyone hear if it will be getting accreditation soon? I'm too scared to get that many loans without it. I looked up BSN jobs and they all say you have to come from an accredited school
- Dec 6, '12 by Mem2012The school is on its way to accreditation. We had our site visit in October, and the team plans to recommend the school in January. Here is the letter from the dean:
"I am excited to share that the NLNAC Accreditation Review Team plans to recommend the nursing program for initial accreditation. This was the first step in the accreditation process and one of the most difficult. The next step will be for the team’s report and recommendation to be sent to the Evaluation Review Team who make their own recommendation for approval or disapproval. This will occur at the end of January 2013. The final step is consideration by the full NLNAC Board of Commissioners who meet in March 2013. They will consider the recommendations and make their own decision. Brookline College will be formally notified of their decision by the end of March 2013.
Until we are notified of the NLNAC Board of Commissioners’ final decision in March of 2013, the Brookline College nursing program remains a candidate for accreditation by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. If we are successful in being granted initial accreditationin March, nursing students who graduate in August and December of 2012 will have graduated from an NLNAC accredited program."
- Dec 7, '12 by Erinicoleb1Thanks so much for sharing that mem2012. I am confident that the school will gain accreditation. Once the school gains accreditation, it will become harder to get in and like someone said previous, there will most likely be a waiting list. I plan to start may 2013 so by then they should be accredited. I am very excited to see what happens.
- Dec 7, '12 by Erinicoleb1I would love to hear more input from the absn students, i know you all are studying hard!!
- Dec 18, '12 by brittneFutureNurseLCW, I just wanted to give you a bit of information about what you said. Not all faculties require accreditation. It is dependent on the faculty or it may be preferred, but I assure you, the students that have graduated from Brookline, 80% of the first graduating class has already found jobs and some in the fields that they wanted.
- Mar 12 by Acheatham123I will be starting the ABSN this May. Any new news? How are classes going? Clinicals? Accredidation? Job prospects? Any drops from the program?Thanks