pay scale for medical assistants? - Page 2Register Today!
- May 26, '09 by sexyred28213and as a medical assistant you will make about 15-18 a hr. in private practice prob about 18-21...you need to get out of there FAST.......AND HE IS PROB WORKING THE HELL OUT OF YOU...MUCH LESS TESTING YOU ON ANSWERING THE PHONE.....***......................
- May 29, '09 by peytonsmomAround here MA's in the office make about $11/hr or so and LPN's around $16/hr. I'm not sure about the few RN's we have working in offices, but I know starting pay at the hospitals for an RN is $22/hr.
- Nov 21, '09 by bleann7I just got hired at a private practice and i am making $17 an hour!
- Nov 23, '09 by borntobanurse3yes here in mass MA make like $11 in the practice i work for.
- Feb 20, '10 by JoJo626It depends on if the MA is Registered or Certified. I am a Certified Medical
Assistant (AAMA) in Louisiana, but was trained at the University of Alaska,
Anchorage for 2 yrs.
My last job was $12.24/hr PLUS medical/dental, life ins., short/long term disabilility. That is with 11.5 yrs of experience. Louisiana does not pay well. My salary with my years of experience is about $4.00/hr below the Southeast Regions average salary.
That's why I am in school to get my LPN. After that, I'm planning on getting my BSN.
Check the AAMA web site for slaray ranges for different states. www.aama-ntl.org Please advise your physician to only hire a Certified or Registered MA.Last edit by JoJo626 on Feb 20, '10 : Reason: typo
- Apr 18, '10 by emrebeth3Quote from bleann7may i ask you what type of specialist doctor you work for? thanks alot!!!I just got hired at a private practice and i am making $17 an hour!
- Jun 11, '11 by faithworkslady123I am a Registered Medical Assistant and make 15.00/hr in Texas. I make more than the LVN's in the local hospital. I work for a very busy Family Practice w/ OB. I do almost everything the LVN I work with except call in orders to the local hospital and only because the hospital has never heard of a med. asisst. I do phlebotomy,draw/admin. injections,call in rx's,assist the the Doctor with minor surgical procedures,EKG's,call insurancewith clinical information for prior auths.,vitals,spirometry's,triage pt's. I have worked for an Internist,OB?GYN,Endocronologist,and a another Family Practice where I had to do alot of woundcare,pack wounds,remove staples,sutures,urodynamics,place foley caths,phlebotomy,d/c j-pratt's,schedule surgical procedures, call in orders to the local hospitals,It is true that I went to school for 9mo. when i could have done the LVN program for 1 yr, but it's easier getting in the med. asst. program.Last edit by faithworkslady123 on Jun 11, '11 : Reason: typo
- Jun 11, '11 by ElleveeinI made more as an MA 23.63 hrly than i do as a LVN 16.00 hrly BUT i had 12 years experience as an MA so that might have something to do with it I live in Los Angeles CA.