UAB MSN- what is the workload like - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 8, '11 by CCRNDivaQuote from UMAshtangiSo you don't get any help with finding preceptors? I applied to the ACNP program and although I have good relationships with the docs who come to our unit, ACNPs are pretty much nonexistent in my area. I've heard great things about UAB's program but I'm concerned with my ability to have a strong clinical experience. I'm willing to commute or even travel if I have to but it would make it a lot easier if they have some contacts in place. I would like to relocate for school but I need to sell my house first.Erin:
So far I'm enjoying the program. To be honest, I'm not finding the pharm and patho any more difficult than my undergrad. It feels more like a review of undergrad.....and a few new things I pick up along the way. I've decided to bust my hump over the summer in an attempt to graduate a semester early.
The biggest issue I can see with the program is finding clinical instructors. If you're well connected in your home area it might not be a problem. I think I might just go to B'ham for a few weeks to knock out the clinicals in one swoop.
What concentration are you applying for?
- Jun 13, '11 by jkRN223Hi all! I'm applying for UAB FNP for fall 2011. Does anyone on here live in the Bham area? I'm actually relocating for family/school reasons even though it is distance accessible. Does anyone know if they are able to find preceptors for you in the Bham area? I'm definitely not well connected there, so am kind of worried about that...
- Jun 13, '11 by mandyr220I also applied for the FA11 semester. I know they are meeting today or tomorrow to pick the students. I'm post-master's for FNP. I noticed they still haven't cashed my check however??? I am worried about this.
- Jun 15, '11 by morlanmomHi,
How do you know they are meeting today/tmrw to pick the students?
- Jun 19, '11 by JSoupyERnurseI too am waiting on my accetance status. I talked with the program's admission staff prior to last week and they told me that the acceptance committee was meeting last week and that they would be reviewing applications and making their decisions. This process was supposed to be completed by the end of last week. So....at this point we should be looking for our letters to be arriving in the mail at any time between now and the end of the month. Hope this helps and good luck to all of us!
- Jul 3, '11 by UMAshtangiErin: You get some basic pointing in the right direction; however, when I spoke with a big-wig in the department before applying they made it sound like they had peeps all over the place, and would place you with them. Not so in my case....I would rely on your own contacts, and then if the school can help you it's a bonus.
- Jul 7, '11 by JSoupyERnurseJust curious if anyone has gotten a letter yet. I keep reading every week that the letters will be mailed by the following week and I'm beginning to wonder if that "by next week" is ever going to come. Seems it keeps getting pushed back.
- Jul 8, '11 by mandyr220supposedly we are getting letter this weekend! Anyone post-masters?