RN salaries in Montgomery, ALRegister Today!
This is a discussion on RN salaries in Montgomery, AL in Alabama Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hi! What's the rate for RNs in Montgomery, AL? Does it even reach $30/hour? I have 3 yrs experience...by iamlvp Jul 31, '10Hi! What's the rate for RNs in Montgomery, AL? Does it even reach $30/hour? I have 3 yrs experience outside of the US as RN and 1 yr experience as LPN. Relocating there soon and doesn't even have an idea of how the job market is doing in that area for RNs.
I hope it won't be too hard to land a RN job in Montgomery.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=495008©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,750 Views
- Sep 30, '10 by Augustnursei'm from montgomery. RN jobs in alabama period dont reach 30 unless your an NP. with your experience it will probably be anywhere from 20-26. i guessing from what i have been told seen they dont usually post it.
- Oct 1, '10 by iamlvp2Quote from AugustnurseHi! Thanks for the reply. So I assume you know RNs in the Montgomery area and this is their salary range? It is really low as to what I was expecting. A little discouraging but oh well I still love my job and relocation is due to a military order for my husband so I guess I dont have much of a choice. Are you working as a RN now?i'm from montgomery. RN jobs in alabama period dont reach 30 unless your an NP. with your experience it will probably be anywhere from 20-26. i guessing from what i have been told seen they dont usually post it.
- Oct 1, '10 by AugustnurseYes I know RNs in Montgomery and Birmingham. I live in Montgomery and am an RN. But I am a new grad so I'm having trouble getting a job because I dont have experience.
- Oct 4, '10 by iamlvp2Quote from AugustnurseAwww... Im sorry about that.. I am really anxious about this move. My 3 year medical-surgical RN experience was in another country and my being a LPN in Canada for more than a year doesnt make any difference in my RN work experience I guess.. Is it that hard to find RN jobs out there..? Now IM really worried..Yes I know RNs in Montgomery and Birmingham. I live in Montgomery and am an RN. But I am a new grad so I'm having trouble getting a job because I dont have experience.
- Oct 4, '10 by AugustnurseI've been having a hard time since I don't have experience. I don't know if experience in another country would count against you. But I think its better to list it than not because its rough even getting an interview if you dont right now.
- Oct 10, '10 by mustangrachel00Um.... I hate to say it but if you come to Alabama expecting to make big money, think again. But if your spouse is military, you can forego the benefits and take an increase in pay. I have been a nurse for 10 years and it's in the range of 30. But then it's been 10 years. I have been at jackson hospital. I feel it's a good place to work. Good luck with your endeavors!
- Oct 20, '10 by redstepchildwow.. I thought there was a shortage of Rn's.. was that just a pipe dream? I'm in the Bham area and I'm trying to get my Rn Assoc and then get a job nursing while completing my BSN mobility online.. I have a non medical good job but I wanna do travel nursing because I thought in this economy nursing would be the best job to have.. now it sounds like it wouldn't
- Oct 20, '10 by Augustnurseto redstepchild,
no i guess nursing is not recession proof. you could travel after you get the dreaded one year of experience buts its hard to get.
- Oct 23, '10 by jpizzle11One thing to consider with the lower salaries in Alabama is how much lower the cost of living is there than in some of the larger urban areas...rent, car insurance, etc. will all cost a lot less.
The nursing shortage is definitely overstated right now...BUT the economy is starting to pick up (very slowly) and some jobs are finally opening up. It's still very hard for new grads to get jobs, but someone with experience should be able to find something...though it may not be exactly the job you want. Good luck!