Question RE uniforms for Jeff StateRegister Today!
- by Lucy G May 16, '09Hey All,
What are the uniform requirements for Jeff State? What do you need besides clothing and shoes, ie stethoscope et? I am thinking if I start buying stuff this summer, it will be easier on the wallet than all at once!
- May 17, '09 by reneejaI have a medium top someone can have. I wore it one semester (5 times).
- May 17, '09 by Lucy Ghow do they run...true to size, big etc??? Are you selling it or giving it away?
- May 17, '09 by Lucy GAre you still in the program? what else did you need besides uniforms? what are the shoe requirement?
- May 17, '09 by bamagtWhite shoes, white undershirt, uniform.
Stethoscope, penlight, hemostats maybe.
- May 17, '09 by howsoonI would be interested in the M top if you still have it.
Just pm me.
- May 20, '09 by Lucy Gdo the shoes have to be solid white? Do they have to have a back?
are the Dankso professional clog or the birkenstock with the back acceptable?
- May 24, '09 by TemperTantrumThe shoes have to be plain white with no markings on them (but the little blue heart on NurseMates shoes are an exception) They do have to have a back. The uniforms they fit you for during orientation and then they give you a code/style number to go onto their uniform provider's website and order them from there.
I've come to realize that Jeff State nursing school is a bit like a cult-- you don't know what goes on in there until you get in. I have a friend that was accepted before I was, and he's answering my questions when I find them. :spin:
- Jul 30, '09 by Alert&OrientedDepends on which program you are in, RN or LPN. BTW -I have two brand new LPN uniforms for Jeff State that were never worn. Let me know if you are interested.
- Jul 31, '09 by raezee717We were told to get the uniforms through the Meridy's website. The tops run pretty true to size, but the pants are unisex and run large. I usually wear a 4-6 and the extra small pants fit me (that was a nice little boost for my ego!).
Shoes must be solid white leather (she stressed NO COLOR at all). They have to be lace-up with backs. We were told no crocs or clogs. I just bought some skechers...
Aside from that, I got my steth (color doesn't matter, I asked ), my bandage scissors, hemostat and blood pressure cuff.
The uniforms were about 50 dollars each, so I would definitely try to find someone who is looking to sell or give away some unused ones.
Hope this helps!