New Accelerated Master's Entry at UAB....Register Today!
- by CardioTrans Mar 27, '08For all who are interested..............
UABís School of Nursing still is accepting applications for the first semester of its new Accelerated Masterís Entry to Nursing Pathway (AMNP) for students earning second degrees.
The program, which begins May 7, is funded in part from a $1 million strategic investment in the School of Nursing by the UAB Health System. It is an intensive 27-month program designed to introduce 45 new nurses annually into the work force, says Norman Keltner, Ed.D., program coordinator.
Here is a link for you.............
- Aug 21, '08 by GaMommy81I am highly interested in this program. I am going to apply for next summer. If there is anyone that is currently enrolled in the program and could provide feedback on how things are going, that would be wonderful. Thank you in advance.
- Aug 22, '08 by reneejaI am also applying. I would love to hear from someone in the first class. Especially regarding the schedule.
- Aug 26, '08 by GaMommy81I would be interested to know if there are any students currently in this program and can give some insight. I really want to apply. Are the classes online or is there a lot of in class time? What are the professors like? How long are clinicals? I am trying to gather all of the information that I possibly can.
- Aug 26, '08 by reneejaHi GaMommy
I have talked to Dr Kelter in UAB SoN about the program. The first 3 semesters are intense they are in-class as well as clinicals. After that you take the NCLEX (even tho you have no nursing degree) and you can work as an registered nurse. The last 4 semesters are online are more part-time.
I would love to get in touch with someone in the program to ask questions.
- Aug 26, '08 by GaMommy81Thanks for the info. I also sent you a message
- Sep 1, '08 by kjack87I am currently in the program and you can pm me for more info..
- Sep 2, '08 by GaMommy81Kjack,
I sent you an email asking about the program at UAB.
- Oct 12, '08 by jdanruckQuote from kjack87Hey, Kjack87 I cannot pm people right now but I am applying for the UAB program this summer and was wondering if we could talk sometime. My main question is how we get paid after we get our RN (after the first 3 semesters) and start work in the mentorship program at UAB. Will we get paid? Will we have to pay? If anyone can help that would be great. Thanks.I am currently in the program and you can pm me for more info..