What proof do I need for my partner to be included under my 457visa?Register Today!
- by gwen_RN Aug 9, '12I've read in immi.gov.au site that I needed bills or any proof that we're living together, joint account or any joint ownership. Can anyone help me of any other legal documents needed? Thank you
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=769079©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 723 Views
- Aug 9, '12 by Silverdragon102Generally they are checking that you are what you say you are ie living together so bills like gas, electric, mortgage, rent book something that has both names on
- Aug 9, '12 by gwen_RNThankz, silverdragon. What if I dont have any bills or rent with our names on it. I have only joint account, and plane tickets. Is there any posibility that his visa will be granted?
- Aug 9, '12 by Silverdragon102provide a link for the visa you are applying for and I will check it out. Joint bank account may help but if the visa is because you lived together then they will require something that indicates you lived together
- Aug 9, '12 by gwen_RNhttp://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...-checklist.pdf page 4 in if your partner is defacto. . . . Thanks silverdragon
- Aug 9, '12 by ceridwynYou will need a lease agreement or electricity or gas bills with both names on it. One thing immi is strict on proof de facto relationship is valid. A joint bank account is not enough.
Has he letters from employer or government addressed to the same address as you? These are all evidence that you may be living together also voting enrolment with same addresses are legal evidence.Last edit by ceridwyn on Aug 9, '12
- Aug 10, '12 by gwen_RNThank you ceridwyn. Do you have any idea how long we must be living together?
- Aug 11, '12 by ceridwynYes, according to immi, must prove commited relationship for at least 1 year.
- Aug 11, '12 by danceinstructorI suppose your partner is still in the PI? IF you can let both your parents sign an Affidavit of Cohabitation then it will be an add'l evidence. If you have ID's of the same address then I think it will be of help too.
- Aug 11, '12 by ceridwynI doubt parents will be able to give evidence of co habitation, afterall they have a vested interest to have their children, become pr in Australia. You can try having a judge or principal of a school that is not related and has some standing in the community sign an affidavit, this might help.It is hard enough for married couples to prove not marriage of convienience if shorter than a year.Last edit by ceridwyn on Aug 11, '12