What proof do I need for my partner to be included under my 457visa?

  1. 0 I've read in immi.gov.au site that I needed bills or any proof that we're living together, joint account or any joint ownership. Can anyone help me of any other legal documents needed? Thank you
  2. Enjoy this?

    Join thousands and get our weekly Nursing Insights newsletter with the hottest, discussions, articles, and toons.

  3. Visit  gwen_RN} profile page

    About gwen_RN

    From 'Macquarie Park, New South Wales Au'; 29 Years Old; Joined Feb '10; Posts: 5.

    9 Comments so far...

  4. Visit  Silverdragon102} profile page
    Generally they are checking that you are what you say you are ie living together so bills like gas, electric, mortgage, rent book something that has both names on
  5. Visit  gwen_RN} profile page
    Thankz, silverdragon. What if I dont have any bills or rent with our names on it. I have only joint account, and plane tickets. Is there any posibility that his visa will be granted?
  6. Visit  Silverdragon102} profile page
    provide a link for the visa you are applying for and I will check it out. Joint bank account may help but if the visa is because you lived together then they will require something that indicates you lived together
  7. Visit  gwen_RN} profile page
    http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...-checklist.pdf page 4 in if your partner is defacto. . . . Thanks silverdragon
  8. Visit  ceridwyn} profile page
    You will need a lease agreement or electricity or gas bills with both names on it. One thing immi is strict on proof de facto relationship is valid. A joint bank account is not enough.
    Has he letters from employer or government addressed to the same address as you? These are all evidence that you may be living together also voting enrolment with same addresses are legal evidence.
    Last edit by ceridwyn on Aug 9, '12
    Silverdragon102 likes this.
  9. Visit  gwen_RN} profile page
    Thank you ceridwyn. Do you have any idea how long we must be living together?
  10. Visit  ceridwyn} profile page
    Yes, according to immi, must prove commited relationship for at least 1 year.
  11. Visit  danceinstructor} profile page
    I suppose your partner is still in the PI? IF you can let both your parents sign an Affidavit of Cohabitation then it will be an add'l evidence. If you have ID's of the same address then I think it will be of help too.
  12. Visit  ceridwyn} profile page
    I doubt parents will be able to give evidence of co habitation, afterall they have a vested interest to have their children, become pr in Australia. You can try having a judge or principal of a school that is not related and has some standing in the community sign an affidavit, this might help.It is hard enough for married couples to prove not marriage of convienience if shorter than a year.
    Last edit by ceridwyn on Aug 11, '12

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and Create Job Alerts, Manage Your Resume, and Apply for Jobs.