RN Sponsorship (H1B/Green Card)
- 0Jun 6, '12 by BSN.RN.MS-HCAHello,
I am an internationally educated nurse with a RN/RM license to practice in my country and a RN license for the state of California. Currently I am on Student visa (F1) in US. I need a job and sponsorship for H1B or Green card. I have a BSN (Bachelors of Nursing) from my country and a MS-HCA (Masters of Science in Healthcare Administration) from US. Any body willing to sponsor???
Any help will be highly appreciated.
- 9,440 Visits
- 0Jun 7, '12 by Silverdragon102 AdminI think you will find it hard to get either H1b or GC at the moment especially in CA. The only thing really is get out and speak to hospitals. Immigration visa is usually EB3 for nurses unless you get a job that requires higher qualification like Master and working in that area. EB3 currently has a 6plus years wait and you can not stay in the US and work whilst waiting for it to come unless you obtain a different visa that allows you to live and work in the US ie H1b or maintain student visa
- 0Jun 7, '12 by TheCommuter Asst. AdminThe only hospital that I'm aware of that has recently sponsored a foreign nurse has been located in Pecos, Texas. Due to the economic downturn in the U.S., I seriously doubt you're going to find a hospital in California that is willing to sponsor you. Good luck to you.
- 0Jun 7, '12 by BSN.RN.MS-HCAThank you for your reply .
I am ready to relocate if required. Its just that I was in California for my Masters so decided to get the RN License for CA but Texas wouldn't be a bad option. Can you please tell me the hospital's name you were referring to that sponsored a foreign nurse. Once again thanks a lot.
- 0Aug 27, '12 by Sokol.rnHello there how are you? Let me see if I understood u correctly. Lets say , my hospital sponsors me for my eb3 while I am on my OPT and after that my OPT expires does that mean that my Eb3 expires with it? If after OPT expires and I decide to go back to school so I can stay in the country does that mean that I can still wait for my EB3?