RN Sponsorship (H1B/Green Card)

  1. Hello,

    I am an internationally educated nurse with a RN/RM license to practice in my country and a RN license for the state of California. Currently I am on Student visa (F1) in US. I need a job and sponsorship for H1B or Green card. I have a BSN (Bachelors of Nursing) from my country and a MS-HCA (Masters of Science in Healthcare Administration) from US. Any body willing to sponsor???
    Any help will be highly appreciated.

  2. Visit BSN.RN.MS-HCA profile page

    About BSN.RN.MS-HCA

    Joined: Jun '12; Posts: 3


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    I think you will find it hard to get either H1b or GC at the moment especially in CA. The only thing really is get out and speak to hospitals. Immigration visa is usually EB3 for nurses unless you get a job that requires higher qualification like Master and working in that area. EB3 currently has a 6plus years wait and you can not stay in the US and work whilst waiting for it to come unless you obtain a different visa that allows you to live and work in the US ie H1b or maintain student visa
  4. by   TheCommuter
    The only hospital that I'm aware of that has recently sponsored a foreign nurse has been located in Pecos, Texas. Due to the economic downturn in the U.S., I seriously doubt you're going to find a hospital in California that is willing to sponsor you. Good luck to you.
  5. by   BSN.RN.MS-HCA
    Thank you for your reply .
    I am ready to relocate if required. Its just that I was in California for my Masters so decided to get the RN License for CA but Texas wouldn't be a bad option. Can you please tell me the hospital's name you were referring to that sponsored a foreign nurse. Once again thanks a lot.
  6. by   BSN.RN.MS-HCA
    Thanks for your reply Admin .
    I just want you to know that you guys (You and your team) are doing a great job on Allnurses. Keep up the good work.
  7. by   Sokol.rn
    Hello there how are you? Let me see if I understood u correctly. Lets say , my hospital sponsors me for my eb3 while I am on my OPT and after that my OPT expires does that mean that my Eb3 expires with it? If after OPT expires and I decide to go back to school so I can stay in the country does that mean that I can still wait for my EB3?
  8. by   Silverdragon102
    EB3 application doesn't expire if your OPT is completed it just means you can not stay and work whilst waiting for your PD to become current. If you return home or to another country you just need to let them know your new address.
  9. by   Sokol.rn
    Ok. But can I wait for it while I am on a student visa and I am still in the US?
  10. by   Silverdragon102
    Yes as long as you maintain legal residency but be aware may take up to or over 6 years do you have the funds to maintain student visa?
  11. by   Sokol.rn
    Well I'll try my best.
    Do I have to have a BSN degree in order for me to be sponsored?
    Sorry I am asking the questions one by one
  12. by   Silverdragon102
    You only need a BSN if going the H1b route. It is not required for ADN however not always accepted in other countries if looking at working outside the US whilst waiting for GC to be processed
  13. by   Sokol.rn
    Well, I have an ADN and I am currently working as a RN here in the states. What I meant to say is that do I have to go back to school to get my BSN then be sponsored for the EB3 or I can be sponsored with just an ADN degree?
    Thank you very much for the patience and the help
  14. by   Silverdragon102
    You do not need BSN for sponsorship for GC