1. 0 I am a nurse from India with four years of experience. I would like to immigrate into Canada. but 2013 it was closed under the category of fsw. what are the other options available for me to get into Canada. is it possible for me to enter as a student,do my CRNE and become an RN and apply for a visa. Advise needed on this asap!!!!
  2. Enjoy this?

    Join thousands and get our weekly Nursing Insights newsletter with the hottest discussions, articles, and toons.

  3. Visit  kesikan profile page

    About kesikan

    Joined Feb '14; Posts: 6.

    9 Comments so far...

  4. Visit  Silverdragon102 profile page
    Check cic website. There are several routes but a lot will depend on province. What do you want to do as a student? Which province are you looking at?
    kesikan likes this.
  5. Visit  itsmejuli profile page
    You should be aware that the job market for nurses is not good in much of Canada right now.
    NotReady4PrimeTime likes this.
  6. Visit  kesikan profile page
    Thanks for the reply Silverdragon102. I had been through the cic website,but it just bewilders me. I like to get into Ontario. I am not sure about the Province Nominee Program (PNP). I just tried the Quebec immigration website and tried out the evaluation process for immigration assessment,and with selection zero knowledge in French language,I got a positive result.I am not sure about it though. ]
    And regarding the student thing I asked for is,can i come to Canada as a student for some course/or something like to prep for CRNE,and complete CRNE and register there as RN. Will that work?It's just a thought of mine.
    Here I couldn't get advice from agencies as they all just say fake answers to make us get enrolled into their programs.So,the ideas/suggestions and advises which I get here would be really valuable.
  7. Visit  Silverdragon102 profile page
    To be honest coming on a student visa for CRNE is a waste of money and probably wouldn't meet student criteria. Usually if less than 6 months a student visa isn't required (but check with CIC website to be clear) and the school has to be approved.

    Here is a link re PNP for Ontario but looks like it is closed for the moment and not sure when it will open for 2014. Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
    kesikan likes this.
  8. Visit  kesikan profile page
    But to get through the PNP we need an offer letter from an employer there,isn't it?
    And how about QSW visa? Is it possible to get through that without French language?
    Last edit by kesikan on Feb 20, '14
  9. Visit  Silverdragon102 profile page
    Not sure but for the nursing side of things you will be expected to sit French exam within a certain period of time
    kesikan likes this.
  10. Visit  kesikan profile page
    So,there is no way for me to come?
  11. Visit  Silverdragon102 profile page
    You could have a look for a job and see if employer is willing to assist you in either PR or TWP. If TWP you can apply for PR once in Canada and process will take a while. It may be worth checking out a few immigration consultants see what they say and then try and find some immigration forums for Canada and ask questions before following through
  12. Visit  Silverdragon102 profile page
    Just remember it is illegal for immigration consultants to charge you for finding a job in Canada. The government frowns on it. Here is a link for approved advisory https://www.iccrc-crcic.ca/home.cfm?setLanCookie=En

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and find your dream job.