question... US to Canada

  1. Hi AN,
    I am likely moving to seattle next year and was wondering about what is required to work in canada. I am a US educated RN.

    Would I have to take a test? I would be looking at jobs in british columbia....but would not knowing french be a bad thing? I have been told there is a large asian population there.

    Thanks in advance!
  2. Visit smurfynursey profile page

    About smurfynursey

    Joined: Oct '09; Posts: 238; Likes: 122
    RN; from US
    Specialty: peds palliative care and hospice


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    Moved to the International forum
  4. by   Silverdragon102
    Meeting requirements At provincial college of RN would be starting point and passing CRNE would be next. Also what work permit will you be applying for to work in Canada?
  5. by   jmdRN
    And also, keep in mind that BC is a saturated market, much like California. If your heart is set on BC, you'll have more luck in smaller rural settins than in Vancover/Victoria
  6. by   smurfynursey