Current change to Federal Skilled worker route for CanadaRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Current change to Federal Skilled worker route for Canada in Advice on Immigration, part of World Nursing ... (first of all im sorry for posting it here, i needed your thoughts to enlighten me in someways) ...by kimmymik Jun 29, '12(first of all im sorry for posting it here, i needed your thoughts to enlighten me in someways)
im a registered nurse with 2years hosp experience. and as far as 2011 canada immigration point system is concerned, i am qualified or i've met the required score of point system (federal skilled worker).
for the past few months, ive been completing my documents for canada immigration. i am aware that there will be changes in point system this july.
little did we all know, citizenship and immigration canada will place a temporary pause on new applications to the federal skilled worker program (fswp) and federal immigrant investor program (iip).effective july 1st, 2012,
new applications will be accepted in january 2013 in time with the implementation of theproposed changes in the points system and other improvements in canada's immigrationprogram.
the temporary pause on fswp applications does not apply to candidates with offers of arranged employment or those applying under the phd eligibility stream. the full set of ministerial instructions will be available online in the canada gazette tomorrow
what should i do now? the least thing i could do is wait for jan2013.
im thinking of provincial nominee in british columbia but i dunno how
or tourist visa- but im not so sure about it.
i dont have any arranged employment to qualify despite of new point system.
please help me, or share your opinions. thank you very much!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=750815©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,260 Views
- Jun 29, '12 by loriangel14Have you applied for your nursing license yet? You need to do that as well as apply for immigration.It can take several months and it will be 2013 by the time you get that sorted out anyways.
- Jun 29, '12 by Silverdragon102Moved to the Advice on Immigration forum
Unless you find a employer willing to help you go through the FSW2 route or meet the PNP for BC then I am not sure coming over on a tourist visa will help.
Link to CIC and PNP Immigrating to Canada: Provincial nominees (PNP)
- Jun 29, '12 by kimmymikthank u silver but i dont know how to look for employer. ok ill try the PNP, i just hope that will be the answers to my prayers.
@loriangel: have i applied nursing license in Canada? nope i havent.
- Jun 29, '12 by Silverdragon102Employers are not going to look at you unless you have either met college requirements and have eligibility to sit CRNE or have passed CRNE. I think you will have issues in BC because of the current job market and many nurses struggling to find work, so even if you get PNP and PR finding a job as a nurse may be a long wait but at least with PR you can work any job
- Jun 29, '12 by kimmymikoh no! what now?! im confused....
- Jun 29, '12 by loriangel14You need to apply to the BC college of nurses for a nursing license.They will assess your education and experience and determine if you are eligible to write the CRNE.If you pass it you will be granted a license.You will have to do this before job hunting.There is a sticky on the Canada Forum with links to the colleges.