Canadian RN trying to get Cali LicenseRegister Today!
- by superveronica Dec 14, '11Hi
I am just wondering if anyone can help me with this issue.
I was educated in Alberta and receive my Bachelors degree in Nursing. I've been living in the states for a while and have written the NCLEX and passed on the first try. I currently hold an Alaskan and Nevada License and am working in Nevada as an RN.
I recently applied for my California License (8 weeks ago) and sent all of my transcripts. I haven't heard from them and I have no idea what is going on?
I am wondering if any of you from Canada have experienced delays in the California License processing. I got my Nevada license in 1 week so i'm not sure what's taking so long.
- Dec 14, '11 by Silverdragon102Moved to the International forum as per the red banner and nothing to do with actually working in Canada.
CA can take time especially as I think they are still closing at least one day a week. You may want to consider actually contacting the BRN
- Jan 7, '12 by patriHey Superveronica,
Are you a canadian citizen??? If you are then I have some questions. I am canadian citizen and holding Minnesota RN license. Currently in USA with my husband on H4 visa so If I want to work in USA what kind of procedures do I have to go through..
- Jan 8, '12 by Silverdragon102You have to get Visa Screen Certificate, find a employer willing to go the NAFTA route and supply you with a letter of employment, trip to the border and get the NAFTA visa issued. If your husband looses their job they can not work on your NAFTA they have to get their own work visa
- Mar 12, '12 by superveronicaHi Patri
sorry can't help you. I married an american and its a different process for me
- Mar 12, '12 by Fiona59Wow, True Veronica answer.