baccalaureate equivalency table from CNO - Page 3Register Today!
- Aug 13, '10 by AdverseEffectI just submitted mine 3 days ago. They prefer you to submit the table via email so i did it that way. And I'm praying that they would consider me since I just passed the Nursing Licensure in our country when we moved to CA.
God bless to both of us. and to all of those who had this..
- Aug 13, '10 by avhiecasisHi!! I submitted mine also about a week ago via DHL.. From where r u in CA?? Do you have work experience and how many years?? and do you submitted training certs or sumthing?? Hope we can chat =) Godbless
- Aug 15, '10 by AdverseEffectno work experience at all because i just had my RN license in the Phil when w moved here in Canada (Toronto). Volunteer works maybe but not that much. I really am praying for the best result they can give me. my YM (Jehosaphat07) let's chat sometimes while waiting fort the result.
- Aug 17, '10 by kaneboQuote from AdverseEffectHi AdverseEffect,no work experience at all because i just had my RN license in the Phil when w moved here in Canada (Toronto). Volunteer works maybe but not that much. I really am praying for the best result they can give me. my YM (Jehosaphat07) let's chat sometimes while waiting fort the result.
I am also a recently licensed nurse in the Philippines. I just sent my application to CNO this week and just like you I do not have nursing experience yet. Now based from your own experience how long did you hear from them from the time you submitted your initial application? Did you indicate in your application that you do not have any nursing experience since you graduated? The way I understand this is you were given the BET kit even if you did not have any nursing experience, am I right?
- Aug 17, '10 by janfrnCNO doesn't care even a little bit whether you have experience or not. They care about what kind of education you have and whether it meets their standards for initial registration. The only time experience would be considered is if your education is lacking something to meet their requirements and experience may fill the gap. CNO is in the business of regulating nurses' practice; they don't screen nurses for employers in any way other than to ensure they're fit to practice, and for them it's all about education.
- Aug 17, '10 by avhiecasis@ Janfrn
So it means even if we are given the BET, it will all be useless since they will only consider the nursing education?
- Aug 17, '10 by janfrnNo, what I'm saying is that you don't need experience to meet the requirements for registration through CNO. What you need is equivalent education to that obtained by nursing graduates in Ontario. I'm saying that for this part of the process you don't have to worry about not having any nursing experience if your education is the equivalent to the baccalaureate degree provided by schools in Canada. Where your lack of experience will matter is when you start looking for a job.
- Aug 24, '10 by lizziemi am trying to do the scenarios at the moment 7 in all, do you have to somehow incorporate all the competencies collectively into them.
iam hoping to go to toronto in january (i am from scotland) and hoping to sit the CNRE in febuary- a lot of hoops to jump through before i get there.
i have a diploma + degree in nursing plus 17 years experience
- Sep 3, '10 by avhiecasisHI all... I submitted my BET 1st week of august and I emailed them of my change of address for I am about to leave the Philippines. I got Eligible for RN now.. I was surprised and happy that I got eligible and I just have to land Canada to present my permanent resident card and documents.
BET is a very important tool to accomplish and this will help international candidates like me to obtain eligibility despite of differences in the curriculum.