Vanderbilt Pre-Specialty (for non-RNs) MSN 2013 - Page 5Register Today!
- Jan 14 by ash8788Hi everyone! I'm also applying for PMHNP. I have a BS in psych and I graduated with a 3.78 and then I think my prereqs are right around a 3.85. As far as the GREs go, I got a 156 on quant, 160 on verbal and a 5 on writing. I have 4 years of clinical psychiatric research experience but only one summer of direct care experience from 6 years ago. No volunteer experience though. It looks like a lot of us are roughly in the same boat!!
- I just called admissions and my application was also sent to faculty review on January 8th. Crossing my fingers for an interview.
- Jan 15 by sarahdukieI just received an email from another coordinator in admissions who said that all PMH applicants get interviews, contradicting what I was told by phone. Anyone know the truth?!
- Jan 15 by ash8788I just sent an email to the PMHNP program director with a question about the program and included a question about the interviews. I have a feeling she might know better than the admissions people since once the apps come in, it seems like admissions hands the apps out to their respective programs and that's the end of that. They just might honestly just not know. I'll let you know if/when I hear back!
- Did you email Dr. ***********? She should know.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Jan 15 : Reason: ToS/privacy please do not post names of school personnel
- I also just emailed Dr. ********** to double check about the interviews. I've spoken to her before and she's very helpful so hopefully ill hear back soon.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Jan 15 : Reason: ToS/privacy please do not post names of school personnel
- Jan 15 by hewoodsHey guys! I also applied to the program for ACNP. I am sooo nervous!!
- Oops didn't realize we can't write faculty names.
- Jan 15 by amandy45Hey y'all!! Just so you know, NMW requires an interview too!!
- Jan 15 by sarahdukieI spoke with admissions again and they said it IS true all PMHNP candidates get an interview either by phone or in person. Hurrah!
Now that we've stressed together, I'd love to hear what y'all are hoping to do with your degrees! Anything to distract us as we wait, right? I am hoping to work in a school-based clinic at a middle school or high school, to volunteer regularly with Doctors Without Borders in Latin America, and eventually to teach.