Vanderbilt Pre-Specialty (for non-RNs) MSN 2013 - Page 33Register Today!
- Mar 22 by hannahzpThanks! I had emailed them to confirm that they received my wait list confirmation so they responded by email, but said they were sending my acceptance letter out so I think in most cases it would be by US mail.
- Mar 22 by kdiemWas also accepted off the waitlist for midwifery via phone call around 2:30pm PST. Unfortunately will be declining this acceptance.
- Apr 6 by mrs528Haven't seen much on here about ACNP pre-specialty. I am currently waitlisted. Anyone know about movement on the waitlist for Acute Care?
- Apr 28 by KoKeIs it true that students are responsible for finding their own preceptors and clinical placements? I'm trying to decide between Vandy and MGH.
- Apr 28 by oau3It depends what specialty. For example I'm PMHNP and our clinicals are assigned.
- Apr 29 by bbccFrom their website:
If you're a local student, you are assigned preceptors/clinicals. If you are a distance student, you find your own, but they provide a list of approved preceptors as well.
They told me at the info session that they have never had a student not graduate because of not being able to find a preceptor.
- Apr 29 by jasonmstone82Has anyone else received their financial aid award letter?
- May 10 by VICEDRNYes. Am seriously considering dropping the program. As stupid as this sounds, I am already an RN and I can get in and out of a degree a lot cheaper than this! I thought that it was 47k for the whole thing, not 47k for 3 of 5 semesters. It really just strikes me as an overly hefty price tag for what an NP salary is.
- May 29 by TameraPetrashThoenerI was recently accepted to FNP. Once of my mentors advised me to start reading my books for 1st semester this summer, it will be that much reading. does anyone have any clue about our books for the fall. Any students that have already done the first semester of pre-specialty year that could give me an idea about textbooks? I would appreciate it!
- May 29 by TameraPetrashThoenerOh, I would also love to know what to expect during our 3 days of orientation, can anyone elaborate to this time?