Vanderbilt Pre-Specialty (for non-RNs) MSN 2013 - Page 30Register Today!
- Feb 28 by KoKeI called today and they told me I was waitlisted.
- Mar 1 by jb30I was stoked to apply for the NHSC Scholarship, but found out that us Pre-Specialty guys are ineligible. This is from their Application Guide:
ineligible if they are:
(1) Enrolled in a physician assistant (P.A.) program and are specializing in areas other than primary health care. For example, P.A. programs with a surgical or emergency room focus;
(2) In the pre-professional phase of their health professions education. For example, taking undergraduate pre-requisites for admission to a P.A. training program;
(3) Enrolled in a nursing Bridge Program. For example, RN-MSN, BSN-MSN, Direct Entry, Graduate Pre-specialty or Entry to Practice programs; OR
(4) Pursuing a doctoral degree in nursing.
- Mar 1 by incherIf anyone is still packing for open house, it is COLD in Nashville today with light flurries.
- Mar 1 by bbccI believe the pre-specialty program does count as Direct Entry - that's what it's called at almost every other school, but yeah, seems surprising that you have to actually be enrolled, so I guess it would only cover the 2nd year of our program! It seems a lot of the scholarships are that way - I know the ACNM scholarship is only for people who've completed at least 1 semester
- Mar 1 by KoKeFor those who were accepted, when is your deadline to send your deposit?
- Mar 1 by oau327th for PMHNP
- Mar 1 by kms673I am not going on Sat. due to the weather. Would anyone be willing to share the highlights on the forum? Particularly info regarding fin. aid and clinicals.
- Mar 2 by tadams22In to acute care!! Anyone know how to decide between here and Yale?? Any thoughts appreciated, both current students and perspectives!!!
- Mar 2 by bbccFor starters, would you rather live in New Haven or Nashville? Seems like an obvious choice to me...
- Mar 2 by tadams22Yah. Definitely different. I'm from the Northeast though, so Yale is a lot closer to my family and I've never really had much exposure to the south. I'm going down to visit in a couple weeks though! It would be cool to try something really different...!