Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2012 Application - Page 8Register Today!
- congrats @ rob_rn! No word for me yet I am starting to worry....
- Jan 24, '12 by jordans10-15 spots?! That seems like nothing!! Rob are you doing psych specialty? I do think they only interview for psych definitely but maybe do some for FNP and the bigger specialties too. I wonder how many applicants they get? 10-15 spots just seems ridiculous!
- For Psych I believe there are 22-25 spots.... but I am not sure how many are reserved for those who are already RN's etc...
- Jan 24, '12 by jordansDo you have any idea how many applicants there are for those few spots? I don't know much but it seems like Vandy being such a well known school they would have hundreds of applicants to each specialty! I told Rob this is something he could ask in an interview becuase that makes one seem interested and it will help us all know our chances! I have tried googling and reading all over the internet but can't find any stats!
- I don't know but I have been trying to figure it out as well! I am just scared I won't get an interview now .....
- Jan 24, '12 by Rob_RNAnneP85, Please don't worry, it will only drive you crazy. Maybe I should have kept quiet because I certainly don't want to contribute to any anxiety you already have. I was just shocked to see it right after I posted about it. I really think that they will get in touch with you soon, it is still early. Maybe you want to give a call and reiterate your interest. It couldn't hurt.
Jordans, 10-15 is just what I heard at the open house. This just might be those who are not at a distance. Given that you are at a distance and you have a 1250 GRE, I think you have a great shot at acceptance!Last edit by Rob_RN on Jan 24, '12
- @ Rob_Rn: no worries! i just get anxious about this kind of stuff! I am sure you are right it is still early, I do know that much! hmm... I heard the 22-25 spots, but there are some reserved for those at a distance/rn I believe, I bet 20 range for spots!!! And again, do not worry! I just am anxious/excited/hopeful
- is anyone still working on pre-reqs and if so did you do anything special to let them know? I know they just must be completed before August but just was unsure if there was anything special we needed to do. I just added a letter as part of my application.... thank you everyone for all of the advice/help thus far!
- Jan 25, '12 by AnaLongAre the FNP applicants getting a phone interview too? I am really nervous now. I had a 3.7 gpa but only a 1000 gre score. I probably won't make it, will I?
- Jan 25, '12 by silverbelleHang in there AnaLong....according to the open house last year they look at the whole picture and consider everything!! believe...believe.... That is a good gpa and you meet the requirement on the gre!