Vanderbilt Grad Entry 2012 Application - page 4
Hello! I have seen forums for the previous years' application cycles, but not for the class starting fall 2012. Sooo... how's it going for everyone? I take the GRE on Friday (gah!) so of course I'm trying to avoid studying for... Read More
- 0Nov 25, '11 by BarbaraleevHello friends. I already see some familiar names, meaning we are applying to the same schools all over the country! Haha. I am applying to nurse-midwifery and I just submitted my application. I don't know how I feel about all the questions I answered, but I just really want this to work out. Not a great GRE school but a good GPA (3.89 in science and undergrad). I'd love to get in to Vandy.
- 0Nov 28, '11 by blackbird singingSome of mine were anywhere from a whole page (only 1 question) to a couple short paragraphs. I think a couple of paragraphs like you say is just fine! I was reading over forums from last year and some people say they had a paragraph for each, and others say they had a whole page for each question. As long as you answer well, I don't think it matters how long it is!
- 0Nov 30, '11 by blackbird singingQuote from danceluvermaybe try saving it as a pdf? if i'm remembering correctly, i think it has to be a .doc (can't be a .docx.... which is the 2 most recent versions of word, which i'm guessing maybe you have?). HTH!Is anyone else have problems uploading additional documents in that section of the application? For some reason the error message appears for me when i try to upload a document even though its a MS word file. Does anyone know why? Options?
- 0Dec 2, '11 by AnneP85Danceluver-- In regards to the last post-- you need to submit it as a "word document." When you go to save as, you will see file type--- scroll down the list and this should appear! I had problems with it too, but finally figured it out I am so excited about applying, and now just the waiting game i guess, right?? Who else has applied and to what specialty?Last edit by AnneP85 on Dec 2, '11 : Reason: addressing the message to a specific person
- 0Dec 2, '11 by AnneP85Mellzie 22--- I have several friends/coworkers who went to the program and they all have told me 2 paragraphs, 3 tops for each. I hope this helps The longest one I had was about 1 page and a little paragraph double spaced. The others were about 1 page maybe ( double spaced) Good luck to everyone!!! I am already anxious and know we have like 3 months to wait
- 0Dec 3, '11 by danceluverThanks for your help everyone....i was doing it in a doc format so it took me several different methods to figure out how to make it work and i finally did---i just changed the browser i was using and i was able to get it uploaded...don't know why it didn't work with the other browser because everything was updated. Oh well, at least i was able to complete it! Good luck everyone!!