Need Advice: Accepted into One School.. Wating to Hear from Another

  1. 0
    Hello all!

    I would love to have some advice from all you aspiring grad students out there. I'm applying to 2 schools for the Adult NP program in Spring 2014. I was just accepted to school A which was my back up choice. School B is my first choice but since their application review is more extensive I won't hear from them until early Decemeber. The thing is School A needs a tuition deposit by November 11. I already called Enrollment Service at School A and they were not much help and didn't seem to care that I was waiting for another school's acceptance. So I need advice! What should I do? Send the check and wait for School B's acceptance (or denial)? (Then I would be losing 395$ if I get accepted to School B). BLAH!

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks!!
  2. Get our hottest nursing topics delivered to your inbox.

  3. 406 Visits
    Find Similar Topics
  4. 4 Comments so far...

  5. 0
    Unless you can convince school A to extend the date, you probably just have to pay the fee. It might help to think of it in terms of part of the cost of your education. We can't always control these things.
  6. 1
    I agree. You should pay the fee. You may not get accepted into your first choice and this way you at least have an assured place. If you do get into your first choice, think of the lost money as a sort of insurance in your educational future.
    HarryTheCat likes this.
  7. 0
    I agree with the previous two posts. Pay the fee and guarantee a spot. Money well spent. Think of it as paying an insurance you may or may not need but if you do need it the spot will be there for you.
  8. 0
    I think i'll have to go with what you guys are saying! Appreciate the advice


Top