First NP job interview..need advice!
- 0Sep 15, '12 by fitchick20I will be going on my first job interview as an NP this week and would love some advice. I am not sure what they are going to ask me? And I don't really know what all I need to ask them. I graduated in May from an FNP program and this job is at an ENT clinic. I spent the past year working at an ENT clinic as an RN. Any advice at all is appreciated!!
- 1,699 Visits
- 0Sep 16, '12 by traumaRUs AdminHere are some general questions:
1. Will I be the first NP to be hired in this practice? If the first, ask why they are hiring an NP now.
2. Do NPs bill under their own NPI? This will make you a money-making entity for the practice.
3. What would my duties be? Only clinic, hospital, both, call?
4. How do you see this job developing and changing over the next few years - if a new position.
Some questions I've been asked:
1. Why do I think I would be a good fit to this practice?
2. Give an example of working with a team to accomplish a goal.
3. The ever popular: what are your strengths and weaknesses?
4. How do you handle stress at work?
- 0Sep 19, '12 by AymeseIn interviews with 2 separate practices, I have been directly asked what I am looking for in salary. I did some research beforehand into each specialty within the region. NP/PA Advance has some good salary survey info.
Also have been asked about my interest in NP run clinic in certain area of the practice (pacemaker, lipids, etc).
If in school you were able to electronically log your clinical encounters, find out if it can generate a summary/graph of the types of patient you saw. The practice I was hired by was impressed that I provided them with that data as a large majority of my patients as a student fell within their patient population.