Nursing school still makes me nervousRegister Today!
- by brian Jun 27LOL. Is this you? I imagine nursing school makes everyone nervous. How nervous were you when you started school? Are you still nervous today? Please describe your day to other students. You may be surprised that there are others who feel the same way.
Click Like if you enjoyed it. Please share this with friends and post your comments below! Want more nursing cartoons?
- 4,782 Views
- Jun 28 by wendyyvonneI never felt "comfortable" in nursing school, from which I graduated in April of this year. I never felt "safe." Till the last day of clinicals, there was always this impending sense of doom and dread, that I might just not make it. Nursing school is an anxiety-ridden endeavor, at best. The pressure is intense. I thank God that my prelicensure nursing school days are over!
- Jun 28 by MJH3483I am pretty sure nursing school took years off my life, however, it is one of the best days of your life when you graduate, get pinned, and get your license. As well, no one will ever understand nursing school until they endure it. Any student should be proud of themselves for accomplishing this feat and joining a very worthy and reputable profession.
- Jun 28 by sharpeimomI already had two degrees when I began nursing school but in a totally different field, thus I'd had to take all those xxxx prereqs beforehand.
Those were terrible! I already had graduate level stats, which I was allowed to substitute for one math course, but everything else was new and very intimidating! When I began my actual nursing program, after those miserable prereqs, the coursework didn't seem quite as bad.
It wasn't easy but I hadn't expected it to be! It was difficult but not impossible. The State Boards (as they were called then) were an entirely different matter! AAARRRGGGHHHH!
- Jun 28 by MJH3483Your story is very similar to mine. I already had a degree, worked in the Chrysler Building in the business industry and realized how much I could not stand sitting at a desk. Nursing is the way to go and it takes a special person to do what we do.
- Jun 28 by sharpeimomQuote from MJH3483I have been fascinated with and have loved the Chysler Building. I was born in the wrong decade!Your story is very similar to mine. I already had a degree, worked in the Chrysler Building in the business industry and realized how much I could not stand sitting at a desk. Nursing is the way to go and it takes a special person to do what we do.
I was an editor which required a completely different set off prereqs.
The good news is that we did it!
- Jun 29 by lorirn2bNervous doesn't begin to describe what I am feeling. How about paranoid, anxious, nail biting, pacing, insomniac? I start in August, and the nerves start when you first put your application in, then when you get accepted all is GRAND Then, you wait AGAIN for your orientation information THEN, you wait again while the background check system is running through every record of your existence, wracking your brain wondering if there is some ghost warrant out there somewhere that you don't know about because maybe they give those ghost warrants out if you accidentally run the Fastoll tollbooth? That is where I am currently...... By the time I make it into the first day of class, I will be a spaz. A certifiable lunatic.
- Jul 17 by thankful77I'm nervous but excited to start nursing school!