Nursing school still makes me nervous - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 8 by chelbelleI am so glad I'm not the only one that gets anxious about nursing school! I remember being so excited to start in the winter of 2011 and those emotions quickly turned to anxiety. I loved being in class and learning about patho and pharmacology, but I wouldn't sleep the night before clinicals and I couldn't eat the day I had skills test-outs because it was so nerve-racking! I'm entering my final year in August and I must say, although I still feel a twinge of nervousness walking into the hospital for clinic, it goes away after a few minutes of being on the floor. Doing injections in front of my teacher will always make me a little shaky, but hey, everyone, INCLUDING instructors, was in our shoes once! It gets better!
- Aug 11 by Caribbean CharacterQuote from wendyyvonneAnyone with any sense feels that way about any degree program (not to that extreme though, thank God). When I was preparing to graduate with my first degree in 2011 there was always that little niggling fear that the Registrar was going to call me into her office and tell me that I wasn't going to graduate because______________(pick your reason, I imagined all of them).I never felt "comfortable" in nursing school, from which I graduated in April of this year. I never felt "safe." Till the last day of clinicals, there was always this impending sense of doom and dread, that I might just not make it. Nursing school is an anxiety-ridden endeavor, at best. The pressure is intense. I thank God that my prelicensure nursing school days are over!
- Aug 11 by dansamyI wouldn't wish nursing school on Satan's dead cat. I really hated nursing school. I love being a nurse and I'm more than a little resentful at feeling forced to return to school for a BSN.
- Aug 13 by clf78I wasn't nervous as much as excited. I knew this was what I wanted and was ready to get on with it! However, as this year has progressed and the classes have become more difficult, I find myself extremely nervous and agitated at times...except during clinicals! I LOVE my clinicals!
- Aug 17 by bdedwardsI just started two days ago and the day before I started I swear I thought I was coming down with the flu!! I ached, lost all appetite and just want hide and never come out. Now, I'm excited to see what the next weeks to come hold for me and my classmates. I just look forward to joining the workforce as a proud nurse!
- Aug 18 by britt8493Just started nursing school and I'm already too peices. Worrying myself to death over every little thing. I knew this was coming but not so soon. Does anyone have any advice? Looking for some positive words!
- Sep 18 by gianegizelleif you really like the course that u get, why FEEL NERVOUS