Once upon a time, we were new to nursing. - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 17, '12 by GitanoRNMy first impression when I saw this cartoon was "my poor newbies" then I began to LOL...then ROFLMAO
- Aug 17, '12 by GitanoRNOkay... I gotten myself together and I do recall my first week, I looked like a Dear caught in the headlights! then after awhile things began to look familiar and weeks turn into months and months into years etc. etc. ... It has been said that experience is the name we call our mistakes...just saying~... Wishing every new nurse, the very best & a long fruitful nursing career... Aloha~
- Aug 23, '12 by Wise Woman RNQuote from brianAnd 20 years later: The fear, the anxiety, the patients...Once upon a time, we were new to nursing. We grew up and forgot how it feels.
The fear, the anxiety, the patients ... you remember right?
You just get through it... learn all you can, and hold your head up.
- Aug 23, '12 by Jenlpn2010MY CCC whom in my opinion was the best boss I could have asked for. She ALWAYS praised me for asking a lot of questions w/out being afraid. She also ALWAYS praised me for not being afraid to take on a new challenge. That is why we are nurses. At least that is why I am. I wanted to know the ins and outs and she knew that, they all knew that. Don't ever be afraid to ask. I had a wonderful doctor to work next to that seemed to enjoy teaching me things as well. Yes I was fearful of certain Dr's but I think they enjoy that so my challenge there was to toughen up and make sure I had out what they wanted and expect them to ask for more. I'm still fearful of a dead body but I want to know what they look like. That's the only way I'm going to get comfortable. I still have a long list of questions, only because I haven't experienced everything. I am thankful for my wonderful aides I've had. They were and will always be my right hand men/woman NEVER STOP ASKING, that's when mistakes happen.
- Aug 23, '12 by Jenlpn2010And don't stop researching.
- Aug 27, '12 by MayBooBe kind!
- Sep 12, '12 by maelstrom143Lol. I don't mind asking questions, but please, for the love of God...if you see me counting narcotics, wait until I am done before you interrupt. I had this happen to me the other day and I ended up pulling the wrong amount of med while attempting to answer the student nurse's questions and then realized I had made a mistake and had to start all over again o.O