Anyone here who hate the holidays? - page 7
by brian 12,391 Views | 74 Comments Admin
I love the holidays. Is there anyone here who doesn't? Please share your most dreadful or most memorable holiday stories. :) Click Like if you enjoyed it. Please share this with friends and post your comments below!... Read More
- 1Nov 21, '12 by GitanoRN GuideNeedless to say, I hate how commercialize the entire event has become. Having said that, I love the holidays, and the decorations etc. However, now a days the stores begin decorating for Christmas before Halloween and Thanksgiving, it's absurd... just saying Aloha~
- 0Nov 21, '12 by DalzacI hate Christmas! my mother died on 12-23-85 and my Dad died on 12-28-2007 It is so hard to celebrate without them. I didn't get along with my stepmother on any holiday good or ba. She loved to embarrassed me at the dinner table with a couple dozen relatives mostly hers. About all my past sins.
Now I spend it with my kids and my sisters I love thanksgiving espiecially with my kids
- 0Nov 21, '12 by jtmarcy12Quote from needshaldolI invited all the people from work who have no plans. I have no clue as to how many will show but it will be fun. JTMarcy if you live around me you are also welcome. I am on the peninsula in the Bay Area.
Thank you so much for your kindness, I feel so much better knowing there is someone who cares!! But I am going to volunteer so that I won't be alone. I live in the Dublin area. Thanks so much again and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
- 1Nov 21, '12 by blueyesueQuote from CapeCodMermaidWhat I really find funny is the irony in pointing out a grammatical mistake while making your own.I love the holidays although I am bummed every year when Santa doesn't come.
What I REALLY hate is a headline with a grammatical mistake. I believe it should read: "Anyone Here Who Hates the Holidays".
I will now put my editor's red pencil back in the desk.
You should have added a question mark on the end of the headline instead of a period.
"Anyone Here Who Hates the Holidays?"
For future reference, periods always go inside quotation marks.
- 1Nov 21, '12 by nursechris1Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday. I grew up close to extended family. Spending time with my cousins was always so much fun. Also, I love to eat.
I don't care for Christmas so much. It's the pressure of finding the perfect present. I was married for 15 years, and I can't think of a present that I gave him that he really liked. It was always something. Wrong color, wrong brand, etc. My mom and I exchange presents and it gets more difficulty every year trying to find something for her.
I actually start getting depressed this time of the year, which lasts until the day after Christmas.
- 0Nov 22, '12 by FuzzyI like holidays. I don't like the winter holidays. I see a lot of stressed out and sad people during the winter holidays. I endure a lot of loneliness and mental anguish during this time of year. Many people that I have loved died during this time of year. We call this the "euthanasia season" at work. So far we've euthanized one pet every day this week. Our freezer gets migty full this time of year. Such a sad season. We had one client threaten suicide after we euthanized her elderly cat today. She's elderly and lives by herself. We had no choice but to call the ambulance. Yeah this time of year sucks big time.
Now I really love Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc. Those are my wonderful holidays.
- 2Nov 22, '12 by blueyesueQuote from needshaldolno this ain't no english class, Who needs english we's just jokin Around a bit english class is for sissiesIs this English class? Or ought to have been Is This English Class? Or Is this English class? So confusing.