Wound Care Certification and Education Programs

  1. Career info @nurse.com: Enterostomal Therapy Nurse

    Education programs:

    Wound, Ostomy and Continence Education Programs:
    RN, BSN required

    Wound Care Education institute: MD, DO, DPM, PA, PT, PTA, OT, NP/APN, RN, LPN/LVN


    WOCNCB: Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board
    Eligibility: RN license, BSN required.
    Certifications: CWCN, CWON or CWOCN
    WTA-C: Wound Treatment Associate active RN, LPN license

    National Alliance of Wound Care (NAWC): Wound Care Certification
    Eligibility: license as a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Physician or Physician Assistant
    Certifications: WCC, DWC, LLE

    American Board of Wound Management (ABWM) Certification Eligibility
    CWCA:Associate degree nurses, RNs, LPNs, LVNs, PTAs, all certified healthcare assistants, healthcare administrators, dieticians, sales and marketing professionals, and academic researchers.
    CWS- A licensed healthcare professional with a Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctoral degree in a life sciences field with 3 or more years of clinical wound care experience.
    Certifications: CWCA, CWS and CWSP
    Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Aug 16, '15
  2. Visit NRSKarenRN profile page

    About NRSKarenRN, BSN, RN Moderator

    Joined: Oct '00; Posts: 27,478; Likes: 13,685
    Utilization Review, prior Intake Mgr Home Care; from PA , US
    Specialty: 40 year(s) of experience in Home Care, Vents, Telemetry, Home infusion


  3. by   mommy.19
    Can we correct the last paragraph stating "CWSA", should say "CWCA"