Jump to content

WGU Prelicensure Houston November 2020

Posted
by FutureRN54437 FutureRN54437 (New) New Student

Hello!

Has anyone applied to WGU Houston for the October, November, or December 2020 cohorts?

Also, if there is anyone currently enrolled in previous cohorts could you tell me about your experience with WGU so far?

Thanks!

On 8/11/2020 at 2:04 PM, FutureRN54437 said:

Hello!

Has anyone applied to WGU Houston for the October, November, or December 2020 cohorts?

Also, if there is anyone currently enrolled in previous cohorts could you tell me about your experience with WGU so far?

Thanks!

I’m currently in the houston cohort going into term 3 

5 hours ago, Jbrn said:

I’m currently in the houston cohort going into term 3 

That’s awesome! How has your experience been so far?

On 9/13/2020 at 7:43 PM, FutureRN54437 said:

That’s awesome! How has your experience been so far?

it's been touch and go for a while, lack of support, and changing of clinical sites. I try to just roll with the punches, lucky for me I have a great cohort that's what makes it so much better.

14 hours ago, Jbrn said:

it's been touch and go for a while, lack of support, and changing of clinical sites. I try to just roll with the punches, lucky for me I have a great cohort that's what makes it so much better.

Have your clinical sites always been in the Houston area? Also, how are the tests? Are there multiple tests each term, or is there just one main test at the end of the term?

Yes so far my clinicals has always been in houston. You will normally have one test for the class I just depends on when you want to take it. 

How flexible are they with the lab and clinical days? I am pretty far along in the hiring process with HFD. I have some VA benefits leftover and really want to pursue my BSN. I would be working 24 hours on, 24 off, 24 on, followed by 120 hours off. I feel like that is plenty of time off, but I am afraid the schedules might conflict if the school doesn't give me a heads up. 

On 9/13/2020 at 1:41 PM, Jbrn said:

I’m currently in the houston cohort going into term 3 

How long is the program? And how is everything going so far?

On 1/16/2021 at 7:12 PM, PurseCat said:

How long is the program? And how is everything going so far?

2.5 years