Endorsing FL RN license to WA

  1. My husband and I would like to move from Florida to Washington state, in order to be much closer to his family. I have not been able to find any information on how long it takes to endorse a license to WA. I am hoping someone here has a rough estimate.

    Also, I am a new nurse, so I have been applying to several states, and we will move to wherever I get my first RN job at, so I don't really want to get a WA license until I actually have a job there. It would be nice if I could get my first RN job there, but we can wait a few years if need be. Some of the job postings I have seen specify that if offered a position, I would have to have my WA license by a certain date. But I have no idea how long it takes, so I don't know if I can even apply.

    Thanks in advance!
  2. Visit campercass profile page

    About campercass

    Joined: May '10; Posts: 141; Likes: 22
    RN; from US
    Specialty: Emergency


  3. by   StillsmilingRN
    I'm applying and I know they offer temp license to military. Check on their website for temp
  4. by   campercass
    Thanks, I saw that they issue a temp, but I could not find any time frames.
  5. by   FLOBRN
    Kind of late to the party here but - I endorsed from Fl to Wa spring of 2012. No problems. Pay your money, do your fingerprints and get a license. And of course, fill out the forms.