Jump to content

Wait on University or go ahead and apply for different program?

jereomyb jereomyb (New) New

I have decided to go back to college to finish my Nursing degree after a few years out of college. The RN program at the University I am enrolled in is 2 years with a short summer course that will begin this July. I was in the program in 2005 but decided to go another route and dropped out. The other route fell through when the economy got bed, so here I am back where I left off. I have taken care of all the re-entry applications etc, but the University can't tell me at this time if I am in or not. A CNA program begins around the same time, so I thought I could always take that course and then fast-track into a RN if possible. I don't know whether to sit and wait on the University or go ahead and be getting some other things lined up in case I'm not chosen for re-entry. Seems like they could let interested students know something before the class begins...... Staying positive about all of it though because I know its what I'm supposed to do. Anyone with advice would be appriciated.. Thank

Honestly-- I would go ahead and apply for the other program, just to have something to fall back on. But I always like to have a plan B! And if you get accepted into the RN one, then you can decline your spot in the other one and it will go to someone else.

Music in My Heart

Specializes in being a Credible Source. Has 11 years experience.

You should always plan for contingencies.

CrufflerJJ, RN

Specializes in ICU. Has 5 years experience.

You should always plan for contingencies.

AGREED! It's always better to have Plan A/Plan B/Plan C lined up. This takes a good bit of the stress off you should "Plan A" not work out like you'd hoped.

This topic is now closed to further replies.