UCSF New Grad Residency Program Spring 2024 Canceled

Nurses New Nurse

Published

Hi all! I'm graduating with my MSN this weekend and have been applying to new grad RN programs in the bay area. I've been checking on the UCSF website and saw that they posted they will NOT be taking a Spring 2024 cohort.... anyone know why?! I'm definitely bummed:/

pwong

11 Posts

I just checked and hopped on to search for any information too. I think it might be because of funding, but I'm not entirely sure. That's only what I've been told previously. I believe that was why they also didn't have one the previous quarter/semester. 

cutie pie xoxo

84 Posts

From what I am hearing there is a huge influx of new graduates in the market and everyone wants to work in Northern California ($$$$). It is hard to find preceptors and to have the extra funding to host these transition programs multiple times a year. John Muir Health also canceled its Spring 2024 cohort. Definitely broaden your search to Southern California if possible. It is also competitive down there but at least that opens up the possibility of more hospitals. 

Pineapple_RN

25 Posts

cutie pie xoxo said:

From what I am hearing there is a huge influx of new graduates in the market and everyone wants to work in Northern California ($$$$). It is hard to find preceptors and to have the extra funding to host these transition programs multiple times a year. John Muir Health also canceled its Spring 2024 cohort. Definitely broaden your search to Southern California if possible. It is also competitive down there but at least that opens up the possibility of more hospitals. 

How did you find out about John Muir canceling their residency program? I was hoping to apply there! 

cutie pie xoxo

84 Posts

Pineapple_RN said:

How did you find out about John Muir canceling their residency program? I was hoping to apply there! 

It says on their website that Spring 2024 was canceled and they are doing a Summer 2024 cohort instead 

Pineapple_RN

25 Posts

cutie pie xoxo said:

It says on their website that Spring 2024 was canceled and they are doing a Summer 2024 cohort instead 

Oooh okay, thank you for clarifying! Hopefully they won't cancel the Summer cohort! It's tough to get into these programs these days 😩

Nina A, CNA

38 Posts

Does any one know the steps to prepare to apply for the fall applications. I know that you have to submit a resume but if they require letter of recommendation etc I check the website often and no update on what's required to be submitted for the application. 

+ Add a Comment

By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X