Jump to content

UCF ABSN Summer 2019

School Programs   (15,243 Views | 103 Replies)

693 Profile Views; 38 Posts

You are reading page 9 of UCF ABSN Summer 2019. If you want to start from the beginning Go to First Page.

28 Posts; 290 Profile Views

3 hours ago, erincasey said:

Does anyone who knows the UCF area have any recommendations for places to live? I'm heading over tomorrow to look. 🙂 

Are you looking for UCF affiliated student housing? Or even if you aren't, there are several Facebook groups dedicated to people finding housing near school/finding someone to take over their lease.

(Try UCF Housing, UCF Housing & Full Sail Subleases Roommates Off Campus Apartments - Orlando, or UCF Housing, Rooms, Apartments, Sublets.)

I went around looking for student housing recently and decided to sign at Orion on Orpington. They have 4x4 units, it's super close to the College of Nursing, but many units were recently renovated so you can expect rent to be well over $700/month. It was the nicest off campus student housing I saw though, and everywhere off campus and close to school is around the same price range anyway. Apartments are also completely furnished. When I was there they still had some rooms open for summer where you can take over someone's sublease, and if they haven't filled that room yet for Fall you can sublease and renew at the same time and they'll waive the application fee for you. That's what I did and I'm set for housing through Summer 2020. If you end up going there, let me know! I think they have a thing where if I refer a friend we both get something? I don't remember lol.

Edited by melonjuice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 Posts; 70 Profile Views

Does anyone have any information on financial aid? I filled out and submitted the FAFSA to UCF for both 2018 & 2019 because they wanted the previous one for summer. 

Has anyone applying for aid received any information about a financial aid package? The only orientation I could register for was the Friday before classes start and I’m worried they won’t send it out until we go to the orientation.

 Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 Posts; 391 Profile Views

5 hours ago, malinaberry said:

Does anyone have any information on financial aid? I filled out and submitted the FAFSA to UCF for both 2018 & 2019 because they wanted the previous one for summer. 

Has anyone applying for aid received any information about a financial aid package? The only orientation I could register for was the Friday before classes start and I’m worried they won’t send it out until we go to the orientation.

 Thanks!

I also got a text letting me know I needed to fill one out for 2018-2019 school year which I just did last night. I registered for a date after class starts but Charlenne said she’ll be contacting the orientation office to switch us to May 10th. Just make sure you email her letting you know you need to be switched! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 Posts; 73 Profile Views

Who all in this group is attending the Meet and Greet this Friday?? It would be nice to associate some faces with screen names 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 Posts; 122 Profile Views

On 4/2/2019 at 6:07 PM, bryttcshope said:

Who all in this group is attending the Meet and Greet this Friday?? It would be nice to associate some faces with screen names 🙂 

Hello, I will be attending the meet and greet! See everyone there :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 Posts; 73 Profile Views

If anyone sees me today I’m in a burnt orange long cardigan, come say hey!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

25 Posts; 391 Profile Views

For those on the waitlist, Charlenne said that so far no one invited has given up their spot yet. But if some people fail to pay for one of the required materials on April 12 then they will forfeit their seat and she will start taking from the waitlist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 Posts; 197 Profile Views

2 hours ago, usf2019 said:

For those on the waitlist, Charlenne said that so far no one invited has given up their spot yet. But if some people fail to pay for one of the required materials on April 12 then they will forfeit their seat and she will start taking from the waitlist. 

Thank you so much for the update!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.