Travle nursing

by Jmailey Jmailey, EMT-B (New) New Student

Specializes in Student. Has 2 years experience.

Hi all, 

I'm a student graduating with my BSN at the end of the new year. Looking to be a traveler...  my main question is, when we are sent to a location, is travel and housing paid for by the agency? Or is that out of our pocket? Can't find an answer anywhere else. 

socal212, CNA

Has 4 years experience.

I think you're going to need some experience before you can travel.  But usually they will offer you a stipend.  A lot of our crisis travelers stay in hotels they were put in through their agency, and if they want to choose their own living space then they get a stipend.  It all depends on the agency.