transfer RN license from US to canada


  • Specializes in geriatrics and dermatology. Has 12 years experience.

I am a US citizen planning to move to canada and working there as an RN. I have been an nurse for 11 years with ADN. What is the process of working in canada. Will they accept ADN to work in a geriatric setting?


77 Posts

Has 13 years experience.

You’ll have to contact the licensing body of the province you’re moving to and they can guide you. 
Canada doesn’t have ADNs. Most likely you’ll be an LPN.