Transfer Exam board from Michigan Board to Californian Board

U.S.A. California


I would like to know what is the procedure to transfer the Michigan board to Californian board for writing the RN test.

I wrote couple of times at the Michigan board for the RN license and did not pass. Can you please let me know what is the procedure to transfer from Michigan State Board to Californian State board to write the test in California?

I cannot do the test in Michigan anymore.

Specializes in Case mgmt., rehab, (CRRN), LTC & psych.

Do you not realize that the NCLEX-RN is a national exam? This means that the NCLEX you take in Michigan no different than the one taken in California. Perhaps the focus should be on acquiring test-taking skills to help you pass. In addition, California is a horrible state for the purpose of attaining initial licensure because the process could take months from start to finish. The process might go much faster if you obtained your initial license from another state.

Are you planning to move to California? I'd highly discourage you to move here at the present time unless you have a definite job offer lined up.

If you are still determined to get your initial licensure in California, visit the California Board of Registered Nursing website and look for information on getting licensure by examination.

+ Add a Comment